edc

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

edc

Post by missaman »

ileft my edc at home depot today after cutting the plastic bands. of course it was gone when i went back. :cry: any suggestions? don't want to spend a whole lot as i need that money to buy antique autos speaking of which can anyone i.d. the antique swing guard on ba? :?:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

missaman,

After a good deal of experimentation, I settled on a mini-UDT and have been quite happy. It only weighs 1.9 oz. and has great snap for its size. They can be had for $60-70 from e-bay

Funny thing happened at work yesterday. I was at my desk and really needed to fire a switchblade for therapeutic fidget purposes. I pulled out the little UDT, held it up and fired it just as someone stepped into the office. Fortunately he had a sense of humor. I am a politically incorrect person in a way too politically correct workplace.

Jim
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

missaman,

I feel for your loss man, I still miss the broken down little Imperial 'fish' knife my mom gave me. I was 10 when I lost it. As for a new edc you might consider a Hubertus lever.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Two good choices so far. Also consider Microtech Mini SOCOM, or Benchmade 3200. [The 3200 "Don't get no respect" because it's not a "tactical looking" knife, but it's a great little knife]. The Italian leverlocks
are a great bargains, the ones with steel liners seem especially sturdy.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

:D i'm probably gonna get roasted, but lately i've really been digging non-auto's for my EDC - right now i just use a cheap linerlock - but have my eye on a couple kershaws - blackout and whirlwind, and also the new spyderco native.

tommorow i pick up my two MT mini-udt's - both stonewash - plain and a combo. hmmmmm............. :?
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

miss,

The Blackout is cool but nothing beats an Emerson CQC w/WAVE for EDC. 8)

The Falcon

jim,

I know that feeling - just GOTTA feel, hear, see that flash of steel! :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

mrbigg wrote::D i'm probably gonna get roasted, but lately i've really been digging non-auto's for my EDC - right now i just use a cheap linerlock - but have my eye on a couple kershaws - blackout and whirlwind, and also the new spyderco native.

tommorow i pick up my two MT mini-udt's - both stonewash - plain and a combo. hmmmmm............. :?

Mr. mr. bigg,

I carry the Whirlwind. If you're going to Eugene tomorrow, I'm sure you'll see plenty of them.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

One of my favorites is a very simple french jack-knife with a carbon steel blade. [I got it before they "wimped out" on us]. When the spring arrives for my latest Hubie it will probably take over as my edc. but I always have a couple knives [at least] somewhere on my person. If I had to choose just one knife I'd go nuts, even manual knives can be great tools.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I stay away from anything longer then a 3" blade for an EDC unless I have a particular task in mind that would require a larger blade. I rarely carry an auto as well because of certain issues, I do like clickin' em' at home though. I carry a BM 556 (Mini-Gripitillan), black handles, plain edge satin finished blade for my EDC at the moment, at Benchmades List price its $85.00 US, but I got mine from Knifeworks.com for about 50. I've heard about prices around $45 but those are hard to find and its only 5 bucks difference.
missaman

edc

Post by missaman »

the knife i lost was a benchmade spike i bought 5 years ago, work as a project manager and work often in the projects doing 300-400 unit rehabs for that reason the knife is secondary. my chrome plated pearl handle .25 auto pimp pistol is primary. better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 . i like the smaller benchmade knives but don't like serraded blade prefer a regular blade :) i hope the guy who picked mine up enjoys it :x