11" Swings...again

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mr_edge

11" Swings...again

Post by mr_edge »

I know I'm beating an old topic to death, but there are a number of new members these days. I only have the one 11" swing. It's a black micarta with one top rivet. I was never too impressed with the quality. It was my understanding that the 11s with 2 top rivets were of higher quality. Any truth to this? Is it worth buying one to see the difference? Teddy mentioned this previously...perhaps he has some input?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I don't have a clue which 11s are better but, the new 9" are better than any 11" I've seen so far.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Edge,

A while back, after being convinced I must be missing something in not having a swing guard, I bought one from Del Ray (plain blade..buffalo). I was so impressed with the sound of it AND the build quality, the guards were a tiny bit loose and there was a slight gap in the spine, but otherwise the finish was as good as or better than the other stilettos I had. I decided to buy more. I recieved (in error) a single rivet knife which fitted the descriptions I had been reading on the forums, weak spring, poor lock-up etc. When the replacement arrived (2 rivet stag) I was delighted. I have since recieved two more (one of which is the actual blonde horn pictured on KS's swing guard page :D ) they are ALL 100% straight, with really good lock-up. I understand from someone who has both that the 9 inch version is a little better made, (beefier) but the ones I've seen pics of (not many) haven't been 100% straight, which to me is the single most important thing

In short I am VERY happy with my 11 inch (2 rivet) swing guards and will (hopefully) be buying many more.

Best wishes
Teddy
missaman

Post by missaman »

Ihave two swing guards both are old 1970"s micarta knives one is great the other is ok . have a third on the way. i do like the sound :o
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Missaman,

There's nothing else quite like it is there :D ....I hardly play with ANY of the others now...... :cry:

BTW Welcome to the forum.

Best wishes
Teddy
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Thanx Teddy....I believe you've just inspired me to expand my switch budget yet again. These 9s have rejuvenated my interest in the swings again.