Left Hand Autos ?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
skinner

Left Hand Autos ?

Post by skinner »

Iam looking for either a auto knife or kit in a hunting style the problem is I need left hand. any body help please!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Well, well I'm ambidexteurus (left handed and right handed) I can do anything with either hand, although I use my right hand more often because everything is made for right handed people. But unless your looking a knife with finger grips, You're looking at a custom knife but if you need an auto I suggest a new age auto, a smaller stilleto or a leverlock from skm or a scale relase, you can learn to use those easily with both hands.
Lefty

Left Handers

Post by Lefty »

Hi Skinner,
I just saw a nice left hander at http://www.pvk.com
It's a limited run, left handed Buck 110 Hunter with finger grooves.
Click here to see a picture:
http://216.71.158.68/webcat/lgfg110.shtml

These should be awesome knives and I must have one. 8)

Lefty
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Left Hand

Post by Vagrant »

Lefty has the answer. Also the Stiletto is easy to operate Correct-handed,
you use index finger to press the button. I maintain the Leverlock is faster
and easier to use Correct-handed. Right-handed people have a kind of
double-shuffle between the forward and open position we can sweep the lever with the index finger in one motion. We adapt nicely.
Sakugenken

Post by Sakugenken »

There is also a nice looking lefty on Blade Auction now you might want to check out:

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=622961
Lefty

Left Handers

Post by Lefty »

Vagrant, I absolutely agree with you on the LeverLocks. Using the index finger on your left hand to open right-handed switches works pretty damn good, especially on the LeverLock. I'd go as far as to say there's no use for anyone ever making a left-handed LeverLock. They're practically made for us correct-handed folk. Stilettos seem to work pretty well for the left-handed too. I can slide the lock open with my middle finger and press the button with my index in one continuous motion.
Now, Mikovs are for right-handers. I love'um though. Also the ProTec Godfathers are less friendly for left-handed use..... but it seems we adapt pretty well to what ever we have available. It ain't no big deal to me. It *is* nice though, when someone goes to the trouble to make a left-hander's knife. They're few and far between.

Lefty
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Lefties

Post by Vagrant »

I'd like a left-handed Leverlock to use right-handed when I can't reach the right-handed one in my left pocket. I'm conviced they are reversed.
If someone right-handed tried a left-handed Leverlock they would understand that the "wrong one" is actually better. [Faster plus you have a better grip]. Now a Left-handed Mikov would be GREAT.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Sakugenken: What are the laws like in Japan in regard to automatic knives. Are they as bad as here in Canada or more relaxed.
By the way, spent 3 weeks in Okinawa back in 1976 and loved every moment. Wish i could afford a trip back. :lol:
TazmanTom

Re: Left Hand Autos ?

Post by TazmanTom »

Protech produces a couple of lefties.
john

Post by john »

Hi everyone,
This thread is originally from 2002.
This is from Mikovknives.com’s website:
All singlebladed models (including kits) are available for left-handed users as well (L).
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I think this is officially the oldest post I've seen resurrected! lmao!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Skinner only made this one post. Maybe he found one and left while he still had money in his bank account.
2024 candidate for president