Hubie Shellpuller?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mr_edge

Hubie Shellpuller?

Post by mr_edge »

I thought I would post this to officially guage interest in getting Hubertus to produce such a knife. We kick this subject around constantly on this forum.
I've been on the forums for a few years now, and have lost count of newbies coming on the scene (including myself) in search of "Johnny's knife from the Outsiders". I myself was turned on to springsteel by watching Johnny Cade switch his Springer in the movie. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the knife in the movie was a German Springer with shell pullers and jigged bone scales. There isn't a decent rendition of this knife available on the market today...there are the massaro made clip point ones that AB and AKC market, but hardly a substitute. I feel there is certainly a demand for a knife like this but wanted to feel out the collecting community. If Hubertus was to release an 11cm with shell puller (and jigged bone scales), how many of us would be interested in one? Perhaps we can call attention to our interest, and Hubertus could make it a reality! Please post if a knife like this would be of interest to you.
gunner

Post by gunner »

Count me in!! 16 years waiting...I absolutely must get one of these (vintage or not) before I die. And, perhaps after I do get one my addiction will be completed and I can go back to normal. Naw!
Auto Matt X

Post by Auto Matt X »

Hi,
Been lurking for a while and thought I'd jump in here.

I too would be interested in a knife like this. I have a Hubertus that's just like Johnny's knife with jigged bone, but the bone is red, and it doesn't have shell pullers. Hubertus still makes a non-auto shell puller model, so all it would take is to transplant the pullers onto the auto model and use brown jigged bone.
If they just knew it was wanted by so many of us it would probably happen.

AMX
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
butch

Post by butch »

Ive been looking for one evr since I saw the outsiders.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

The combo of Hubie - shell puller - and picked / jigged bone is like a dream come true.
8)
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

I recognize that knife and coffee table Charley! :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

:D While pullers for 12 and 20 gauge would appeal to most US buyers, I think 12 and 16 gauge would be more Euro- authentic :idea:
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

Thats a big thumbs up from as well!! :D Do I need to shout it from the roof tops for them to hear me???
faroutman92

Post by faroutman92 »

i've already posted bulletins asking were to get one. this a great idea hell yeah
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

Here's an old German made 16 and 12 Gauge puller. It's not jigged but it's a heavy well built knife.

butch

Post by butch »

sweet 8) I'd like to have one like that
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Nice one Texasmad!!
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

8) A beauty.
Cryptomecanic

Post by Cryptomecanic »

do they have to be German maybe