Boker Kalashnikov

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

Boker Kalashnikov

Post by Twobit »

I just ordered myself a Boker Kalashnikov automatic knife from BladeOps. Nothing fancy. Black aluminum handle, bead blasted drop point blade in D2 steel. Looking forward to having an auto that's made for use. I'll post pics when it arrives.
LGustin

Re: Boker Kalashnikov

Post by LGustin »

I too have thought about getting one of these. Hope you like it and I’m looking forward to seeing your review on it, might make me decide to order one.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I'm sort of acting on the "advice" of whippersnapper. While he didn't directly advise me in this, he lamented on another thread, which I can't currently recall or locate, not having bought one years ago. As I've stated many times, I love switchblades, but I don't have any practical use for any that I have, other than gadgety playthings. This will be my first, and probably only, workhorse auto.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Just over an hour after confirmation, my order status changed to "shipped". I'm liking the BladeOps experience so far. First time doing business with them. Lowest price I found online, a free priority shipping coupon code, no sales tax charged, and almost immediate processing. Strike "liking" in favor of "loving".
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I have one which is my user switchblade, a decent, rugged, inexpensive, knife with good steel.

Jim
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Thanks, Jim! That helps reinforce my confidence that this was the right move.
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

I've had any number of these, fun knife. Very easy to disassemble, fun changing springs for different actions. The little 2in blade is my favorite.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Nice, XBMX! Got a pic to share? The one I'm getting has a 3-1/4" blade.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Twobit wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:32 pm I'm sort of acting on the "advice" of whippersnapper. While he didn't directly advise me in this, he lamented on another thread, which I can't currently recall or locate, not having bought one years ago. As I've stated many times, I love switchblades, but I don't have any practical use for any that I have, other than gadgety playthings. This will be my first, and probably only, workhorse auto.
It has been years since I bought one so hopefully they are still good. The ones I have all have a safety on the spine. They seem to have eliminated that on the newer ones.
I
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Terry, it does look like they're relying on the recession that the"go" button sits in to prevent accidental opening. I'll be seeing about this when it arrives.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Terry,

You are correct. Mine, which I bought a couple of years ago does not have a safety.

Jim
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Jim have you had any instances of it opening in your pocket?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Twobit - I don't carry the knife so I can't help assess whether there are pocket opening issues.

Jim
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

jim d, wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:08 pm Twobit - I don't carry the knife so I can't help assess whether there are pocket opening issues.

Jim
Gotcha
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Update: according to tracking, my knife is waiting for me on my front porch. Just over 48 hours from online order to delivery from Utah to Kentucky. Hat's off to BladeOps