I ordered the Kershaw Launch 17 this morning.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: I ordered the Kershaw Launch 17 this morning.

Post by JulesVane »

Let's see what I've been following along here...

...congratulations, Fishtail!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Thank you, Jules. This is a truly useful knife. The S35VN steel is great, and the anodized coating adds an extra layer of protection. (I am carrying it now). What a comforting feeling to know that the blade was manufactured in Tualatin, OR. (15.7 miles from where I sit as I write this).

Good stuff, Maynard! :D
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

The more I carry this knife, the more I enjoy it! The steel in this knife holds an edge like a dope fiend holds a habit. The fact that it isn't a "stiletto" seems to comfort the "sheeple" (read: non-knife crowd). I now have this thing "razor-sharp" and use it at every turn because it is so convenient.

American companies need to make small pocket knives in these materials so that more American men (and women) will reestablish the habit of carrying small automatic knives.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Glad you're happy with it! I have a few Kershaw's and for the money I'm tickled shitless with them!
2024 candidate for president
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I have a Kershaw Oso Sweet a/o that I used to EDC all the time until my friend gave me my Steel Will Tenet that is now my preferred EDC. The Oso is very useful with good grip and stainless blade.