Interesting Box..!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

Re: Interesting Box..!

Post by Twobit »

John and Dave I think we're all wishing that.
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Hi Guys,

Just to elaborate. A dear friend of mine is now in a care home and to help the family I'm finding new homes for his extensive knife collection. This box came along with many fixed blade knives. I don't see anything especially valuable, so will probably sell as a job lot or small groups but need to check with the family first. In the meantime I will share more pics and with your help get some more information on identification and value.

Will post more pics when I get the chance.

Cheerio,
Roy
My website: www.fsknife.com
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Well I'd not wish to come by it in that manner. Sorry to hear of your friend's condition, mate.
Luke
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Thanks for that Luke,

It's a sad situation but at least my friends collection has been able to help the family and help pay for his care. Not a bad use for his collection.

Cheerio,
Roy
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

The stag handle swing guard near the lower lefthand corner appears to be a Schatt & Morgan manual swing guard model V-03191L (red arrow).

Looks like a couple of Mikov Predators too. One with a saw.

Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
boots

Post by boots »

RoyS wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:21 pm Hi Guys,

Just to elaborate. A dear friend of mine is now in a care home and to help the family I'm finding new homes for his extensive knife collection. This box came along with many fixed blade knives. I don't see anything especially valuable, so will probably sell as a job lot or small groups but need to check with the family first. In the meantime I will share more pics and with your help get some more information on identification and value.

Will post more pics when I get the chance.

Cheerio,
Roy
Ok Roy, you can't just show us a box of knives and walk away, we demand detailed pictures outside the box! :D
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Hmmm, Killgar, I figured maybe that keystone shape was a go-button. The ivory one beneath it looks to be the same make, don't you think?
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Okay Chaps,

Bear with me, I will try and sort some more pics out tomorrow for you. But don't get too excited... :shock:

Cheerio,
Roy
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

Twobit wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:11 am Hmmm, Killgar, I figured maybe that keystone shape was a go-button. The ivory one beneath it looks to be the same make, don't you think?
Pics of a Schatt & Morgan 03191L below (they were manufactured by Queen Cutlery for S&M). That thing on the handle is just a decorative "shield". Although Schatt & Morgan did produce switchblades, I don't believe they ever produced a swing guard switchblade. Though it is possible that some skilled person may have converted it into a switchblade. I've seen similar knives (Case Cheetah swing guard) converted into autos.

The camp knife in the lower right corner of the box leads me to believe the knives are a mix of autos and manuals.

As for the white handled swing guard in the lower left corner, I don't know what that is.

And because I couldn't resist :D

Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Hi, if you sell the batwing please dm me. Thank you.
Mario

Post by Mario »

Pretty freakin cool box there! I see some Italians, some manual folders, a Super Automatic OTF, a Mikov, what appears to be a Dual Speed two blade Chinese Mikov-style leverlock, and it looks like there may be a Lightning OTF in there as well.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Mario would the possible Lightning be all the way against the right side of the box with the switch on the spine? I have one made that way but didn't have a name or brand for it. It's a copy of one from the Tomb Raider movie and came with a removable index ring which I didn't care much for so took it off.
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Hi Gents,

I promise to get more photos posted soon. I'm embroiled in my wife's birthday at the moment, which is always a 'week' long affair...!

Cheerio and hang in there,

Roy
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Twobit The lightning is a different model then the tomb raider that your asking about.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

IMG_2278 (1).JPG
IMG_2278 (1).JPG (45.79 KiB) Viewed 2975 times
These are the tomb raiders above and the link is the lightnings

https://www.perryknifeworks.com/item--l ... atin-serr/