New Boker XXL Kalasnikov

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: New Boker XXL Kalasnikov

Post by whippersnapper »

sammy the blade wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:57 pm Benchmade if I'm not mistaken. The AK47 Didn't have a pocket clip like the 74 does.
I think you are right.
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Nice knives, Terry. I didn't know about the big ones. I like that clip point blade. I have an AK47 with a sliding safety and a mini Kalashnikov I got a long time ago, both gray on gray, plain blade. Used to carry the mini once in a while.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

welli got one of the boker xxl's yesterday no pics,butt here's the stats.

closed: 5 7/8''
open: 10 9/16''
blade: 4 5/8''
blade thickness : 3/32

bo/bc
bowie style blade
button is below surface , no safety

it opens with the same authority as the original kal74, i don't know what size coil spring it uses cause i ain't taken it apart. it does have a removeable clip that works well
blade is marked d2 which is one of my favorite steels.

all in all.......I LIKE IT !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Great! Maybe I will get one eventually but my main focus lately has been stacking ammo.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I stacked ammo when Obama was in office and still have most of it. Haven't fired a gun in 4 years.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I have a few bricks of ..22 rimfire from the eighties. Been shooting some the last couple months because I was worried it might not be good.Surprisingly I have had better reliability with it than what I have bought this year.

Still have some boxes of paper 12 & 20 gauge shells from god knows when. Also a half box of .32 RIMFIRE rounds with an old pistol that is ancient. I don't think they have been made in 50 years or more. Not sure I would trust not having a squib or 3 with those.

You are probably sitting on a big chuck of change if you have a bunch. Last weekend I was offered $35 bucks for 50 round boxes of 9mm FMJ . I paid less than $9 for and these guys were serious with cash out. They said they would take all I wanted to let go... It was tempting. Both guys had bought new guns before they realized how scarce it was.

The club by me has even started doing the CPL class with .22 rimfire because it was so hard for students to come up with the 100 rounds it takes to qualify.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i have 4 bricks of .22's from the 70's and a box of 50 .380's hollow points from '82 only 5 missing.
i do have 5lbs goex 3f and 1 4f and about 15lbs lead and a melting pot.
TRYKER

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

What, no hand grenades.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I got rid of all my reloading stuff years ago. Wish I wouldn't have now.

Not a great time to get back into from scratch now. Small pistol primers are really hard to find-or so I have been told.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Furcs wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:55 pm Always thought Kalasnikov's were great knives for the money and still have a one or two Ak-47's that I bought a long time back, but always wished they had a sliding safety ( have had some bad luck with knives popping in my pocket). About three years ago I bought a Boker Plus Strike model for about $40 / Aus 8 steel and it's been fantastic, right down my alley, and along with a little white pearlex Italian flatgrind has been in my pocket almost every day for a long while.

No safety on a side-opening auto is a deal-killer for EDC unless it was one I carried in a sheath. I have a Pro-Tech Newport that I haven't carried since it opened when clipped in my pocket. If they ever make one with a safety, I would probably buy it.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WHIP. i don't reload. those are for the flintlocks.
TRYKER

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yeah, I kind of figured that when you mentioned what powder you had. Don't know why I threw in the reloading part.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:40 pm Yeah, I kind of figured that when you mentioned what powder you had. Don't know why I threw in the reloading part.
I know, at my age i suffer from severe brain farts all the time.
TRYKER