Whats the cost

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Peteymcsweety

Whats the cost

Post by Peteymcsweety »

Recently bought a 15" ringpull aga campolin got it cheap because spring is weak and it doesnt open fully anyone have an rough ideal on ehat it would cost to replace spring.....
john

Re: Whats the cost

Post by john »

Just to name two and there are more, Bill D and Jim Brown can give you the cost for a new spring. Look in the Custom knife tab and find someone who can help.
Good luck!
By the way post a photo of your knife. I’d like to see it.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

You maybe able to adjust it to open with the present spring. I have seen people bend the spring a bit forward or making sure the knife is well oiled and cleaned. Taking it apart and adding a new custom spring will make the bargain no longer a bargain....
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Most springs rub one of the liners. Oil the side that rubs.
LMK if that helps.
There are other reasons that it may not open properly, but the spring is probably OK.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I believe those all have one-piece springs so replacing the kickspring would be not worth it at all. It seems like many of the 15" ones I've seen had horn scales that were squeezing the handle together in the middle. If they were doing it enough it would mess with the spring.
Blackbelt1

Post by Blackbelt1 »

Send it to Bill De Shivs, he can fix it! He works miracles! Best switchblade repairman, and Master Craftsman that I know of in the United States! Jon Kuemmerlein Blackbelt1
thom

Post by thom »

What JimBrown and Bill said, it’s probably pinching somewhere. Bolsters too tight or liners
Thom