Blade wobble fix

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
SharpKnives86

Re: Blade wobble fix

Post by SharpKnives86 »

whippersnapper wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:06 pm I have only peened a dozen or so pivot pins so not an expert peener- so this might be wrong. I have found that sometimes the pin seems a bit too long. If I carefully take a file and take down some of the metal on the ends (dome), I can more easily go around the pin and tighten with softer strikes. It also will leave a thinner somewhat sharp "burr"on the edge that is easier to peen over.

Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say....It might be worth a try.
Just an update. I did as you suggested and filed the pivot pins just a tad and it worked great. While my knife still has a little SxS wobble, it is noticably better than before. Thank you so much for the tip whippersnapper and to everyone who replied!
whippersnapper

Re: Blade wobble fix

Post by whippersnapper »

Thats great! I'll be honest. Most times when I have did it in the past I have went to too far and over tightened the pivot. Then it is a pain in the butt messing around trying to get the thing loosened up again to open all the way,,,,lol