HELP! Somebody please stop me from buying more knives!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
poorbs

HELP! Somebody please stop me from buying more knives!

Post by poorbs »

You guys told me this would happen, but I really didn't believe it. These things only happen to other people - you know how it is. :shock:

Anyway, I've got a bunch of Stilettos with more are on the way. I thought that would be enough, but now I'm looking at different styles to buy more. Where does it end :?: :?: :?:

Somebody said I'd have to have one of everything - how about 6 :oops:

:D :( :o :shock: :? :? :x :oops: :cry: :twisted: :roll:
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Sorry old chap (we don't REALLY call people that any more :wink: ) I'm afraid it's terminal!! .......there is... as yet... no cure...

Be prepared to miss mortgage payments.... sell the kids into slavery.... persuade the wife to sell her body.... anything... just as long as you can buy more knives....

Best wishes
Teddy
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

poorbs,

It really doesn't end but that is OK. It is no different from any other hobby. As I see it, I'm just glad I don't have a compulsion to amass a collection of antique military aircraft.

The key is to determine what you can spend and what you like the most. I can empathize with your shock at wanting more than you first anticipated. When I first found the SKM site and realized that switchblade ownership could be a reality, I thought I would buy about 5-10 stilettos and be totally satisfied :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

Poorbs, I sympathize with you, One thing I find myself doing is buying a knife and really liking it so I figure I'll get another one to use and keep one brand new.
I never use them for anything but looking at and cleaning and clicking, and they keep on coming.
Jagman
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

just get used to the addiction! the only thing i can see to cure me is death. i think i'll just keep buying the stilletos!
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
poorbs

Post by poorbs »

Isn't it amazing how we all think along the same lines?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Poorbs,
Wish I could help, but I seem to have a similar problem. At least with guitars you can sell off a few now and then. So far, I've been disinclined to do so myself. Gave away a few knives as Christmas presents this year, though.
Just ordered a run-of-the-mill Leverletto so I'd have one to use and carry from time to time, and not have to mess up the "first run" ones I have, and my first Mikov. And I'm on the list for two Forum Knives. There's no end to it.
Maybe we should all pool our knives and just circulate them among the members, so we could all enjoy the different types. Wouldn't satisfy the desire to own them all though.
It might help to add up what you've spent so far, and when you see the number and exclaim "holy shit", that might help. It worked for me, for a while.
I think a support group is needed here.
TR
Last edited by tr4252 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

tr4252 wrote:Poorbs,

It might help to add up what you've spent so far, and when you see the number and exclaim "holy shit", that might help. It worked for me, for a while.
TR
The sad thing for me is how much of that total is shipping and currency exchange. :?
poorbs

Post by poorbs »

TR,

Boy you can say that again - how about "switchblade collectors anonymous?" I like the idea of circulating them around - we could use a library card system, complete with due dates and late fines. Books used to be 2 cents a day overdue, what do you think would be appropriate for our little treasures?

pbs
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

:roll: poorbs,there is no cure,when i first started buying knives i told myself i would only spend 1000$ worth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i said to myself you have got to save this money for your old age,then i rememberd i'm already there,so what the hell,now i'm trying to find a way to get a burn,just go with the the flow my friend it's all you can do. 8)
tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Roccomo

Re: HELP! Somebody please stop me from buying more knives!

Post by Roccomo »

poorbs wrote:Where does it end :?: :?: :?:
It doesn't end. What you'll need is one of each knife that you like, to use, with 2 or 3 of the same for back up.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

GIMMEEE,GIMMEEEE,GIMMEEEEEEE! I WANT!There is no possible cure! You are HOOKED!Just ENJOY!and go broke,like the rest of us! :lol: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tequiza,

You wrote: "so what the hell,now i'm trying to find a way to get a burn" I can relate. Won't it be great when we write the inevitable e-mail: "Paul, I have a request..."

Jim
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

:D you bet jim,i i'm trying to think of anything and everything my little pea brain can come up with to get one of those and i think i have a half assed plan in mind,but come hell or high water i'm going to get one :wink:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
missaman

Post by missaman »

jim d, wrote:poorbs,

It really doesn't end but that is OK. It is no different from any other hobby. As I see it, I'm just glad I don't have a compulsion to amass a collection of antique military aircraft.

The key is to determine what you can spend and what you like the most. I can empathize with your shock at wanting more than you first anticipated. When I first found the SKM site and realized that switchblade ownership could be a reality, I thought I would buy about 5-10 stilettos and be totally satisfied :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
Jim are a pilot as well....
:shock: Missaman