Selling Stilletos Legally?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
huckles

Selling Stilletos Legally?

Post by huckles »

Hi Folks:
Mods, you can repost me if this is the wrong forum. Effective July 1st, switchblades are now fully legal in my neighborhood, Kansas. Carry it on your person, in your car, buy them, sell them, etc. Even the blade lengths [4 inches] for ANY knife were eliminated. Slowly, maybe not so surely, common sense is working its way through state laws regarding switchblades. I think I read that Kansas is one of only five states that removed any laws regulating our favorite knives. Yeah, there are a couple of provisions remaining -- not allowed in schools and jails. But that is it! I have 15 or more quality stilletos I'd like to sell and recover what I paid for them. Yes, I know I can use sites like TalkBlade and Sharperdeals.net. But I bought these over the last two years, and it is not likely I'll be able to sell them without taking a loss. My question is this: How can I take advantage of the new laws here to sell these to a brick & morter seller, such as various local stores that sell knives, or even larger nationwide stores like Cabellas or Bass Proshops? Any other ideas? I don't think I'll meet up with psycho-man from Crais's List in a parking lot either. Thanks for any advice.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Selling Stilletos Legally?

Post by Vagrant »

"new laws here to sell these to a brick & morter seller, such as various local stores that sell knives, or even larger nationwide stores like Cabellas or Bass Proshops?"
Sush outfits will [most likely] pay you a little LESS than the wholesale they can buy them for :(
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

huckles wrote:How can I take advantage of the new laws here to sell these to a brick & morter seller, such as various local stores that sell knives, or even larger nationwide stores like Cabellas or Bass Proshops? Any other ideas? I don't think I'll meet up with psycho-man from Crais's List in a parking lot either. Thanks for any advice.

Hello, thanks for the welcoming news from Kansas.

As for your best bet on your return, a local outlet of a nation-wide store is definitely your worst bet (in fact, I can't see a store like Cabella even being interested in something like that).

Your best bet could be to stick around Talkblade for a few more posts and offer them on the Buy & Sell section. You can much more easily deal with some psycho-men by shipping the item to them, instead of having to meet us in a dark alley.

You could start by posting some pics in the Blade Pictures section. I think I speak for everyone here when I say, we'd love to see what you have.
john

Post by john »

JimBrown257 wrote:
huckles wrote:How can I take advantage of the new laws here to sell these to a brick & morter seller, such as various local stores that sell knives, or even larger nationwide stores like Cabellas or Bass Proshops? Any other ideas? I don't think I'll meet up with psycho-man from Crais's List in a parking lot either. Thanks for any advice.

Hello, thanks for the welcoming news from Kansas.

As for your best bet on your return, a local outlet of a nation-wide store is definitely your worst bet (in fact, I can't see a store like Cabella even being interested in something like that).

Your best bet could be to stick around Talkblade for a few more posts and offer them on the Buy & Sell section. You can much more easily deal with some psycho-men by shipping the item to them, instead of having to meet us in a dark alley.

You could start by posting some pics in the Blade Pictures section. I think I speak for everyone here when I say, we'd love to see what you have.

Ditto, What Jim and Vagrant aid.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
dave

Post by dave »

ditto