Stolen Bill DeShivs design?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Ragin Disease

Stolen Bill DeShivs design?

Post by Ragin Disease »

hello,
I saw this the other day and I realized this was a leveretto design
I have never seen a leveretto not made by bill, until this
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Levermat ... wood--9838
jim d,

Re: Stolen Bill DeShivs design?

Post by jim d, »

The title of this thread states it well.

Jim
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

The 'levermatic' :D

that's funny
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

"ChinaLetto."
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

I've seen these and they are pretty much crap. Wouldn't pay 10 bucks for one, and it's a shame they are trying to look like (read: COPY) a real quality knife and design.
Ragin Disease

Post by Ragin Disease »

bill,
have you seen these before?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The Leverletto clones have been out for several years.
I don't care much about them as long as they aren't sold as Leverlettos or AKC products.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

The shameful truth is that it was the rat De Shivs who stole the design from the honest Chinese manufacturers!

I'm kidding, course. Not only did the makers of those Fakerlettos steal the design, but other Chinese knives steal the word "Leverletto". They sometimes pop up on Ebay.

Here's some that don't say it but it is these models that occaisonally say "Leverletto":
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

It's funny that they chose to put the word "Leverletto" on these assisted-openers because once the lever is gone, the word doesn't make sense.

And if you could see one of the Fakerlettos (like the one on Bladeplay) up close, they actually say "AKC" on the tang but most of them have it buffed down to where you can only see it if you hold it up to the light the right way,
Last edited by JimBrown257 on Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
young cutlery

Post by young cutlery »

JimBrown257 wrote:The shameful secret is that it was the rat De Shivs who stole the design from the honest Chinese manufacturers!

I'm kidding, course. Not only did the makers of those Fakerlettos steal the design, but other Chinese knives steal the word "Leverletto". They sometimes pop up on Ebay.

Here's some that don't say it but it is these models that occaisonally say "Leverletto":
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

It's funny that they chose to put the word "Leverletto" on these assisted-openers because once the lever is gone, the word doesn't make sense.

And if you could see one of the Fakerlettos (like the one on Bladeplay) up close, they actually say "AKC" on the tang but most of them have it buffed down to where you can only see it if you hold it up to the light the right way,
thats true, not a lever lock,barley a stiletto,
yes, Bill obviously stole the idea from the china company, he is actually a Japanese spy and the stole the Chinese knife so he could make people think that they took his design, thus digging up dirt on the china knives industry, hurting the economy, opening up positions for Japanese knife making.
come on guys, do you really think that someone could make something they are passionate about :D
im on to you.
Hell yeah brother
Switch King

Post by Switch King »

This is a very big problem. There will tens of millions of dollars / euros earned every year with it.
The loss is very large.
And fackt is that you can not do much about it.
Man can be only hope that they (Bill already said) not also copy the stamp.
And then also, want to sell as original.
Meanwhile they copy everything.
At knives you can see it so often, whether it is an original or not. For drugs or aircraft components, it is then more difficult.

I would like to know if there is a patent on the design Leverletto?

Greetings from Germany!
Greetings from Europe
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Angelo at AKC holds all the documentation on the Leverletto.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The Leverletto clones have been out for several years.
I don't care much about them as long as they aren't sold as Leverlettos or AKC products.
They should be sold as "Orienttos" :wink:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

It is nothing new in the counterfeit world. Seems to me (I could be way off) but Hong Kong was one of the first countries to counterfeit high-end items such as ladies designer handbags,Swiss watches,shoes,golf clubs,clothing etc etc.

Nothing is safe from China and noting can done about it. I blame American's that import this garbage and promote the sales of all this counterfeit crap.
The same people that bitch and belly-ache about the economy is helping destroy the backbone of the USA by importing and even having the crap made over there in the first place.

I remember several years back Wilson (I think) came out with a titanium driver(golf club) over 300 bucks and China made one so close an expert couldn't tell the difference until you hit the ball.
The Chinese model was stainless steel not titanium and it cost around 50 to 75 bucks.
Lots of golfers got taken on this deal- Some guy pulls up to the pro shop bar and lets a few drunk and wealthy golfers take a few swings with a real club and sell them a fake.
This actually made the local news about 10 years or so back.