AB-COLTELLERIE Di PREGIO- Knife line 2013

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
andrea

AB-COLTELLERIE Di PREGIO- Knife line 2013

Post by andrea »

hello to all friends Talkblades forum :D
I wanted to show the master craftsman Armando Beltrame.
three types of knives.
1, classic line
 2nd Line New Revolution
 3rd Line nickel silver.
the first:
Classic line, or one that stands for a feature that you can usually find in a market segment average:
empty steel heads, specifically in technical terms padded or printed, which means the same thing.
In this case, I present to you the "top" of this category. explain: (forgive my english)
well surrounded by mounting the blades (well arrotate) sharpened with care.
 mirror polished blades and bolsters.
handles of the highest quality.
You can get a great product at a reasonable price.
The choice of the handle, however, and an important thing.
the material used to fabricate a switchblade and the most important thing. each material has a response to the cutting, shaping and very different from each other.
why do you not seen those beautiful shades that are on the old flick knives?
materials and especially the horn of the buffalo cow but also, more 'streaks keeps a knife over and over and difficult to work .. or a nice handle with beautiful shades breaks easily since it is milled and do all the other work that keep the whole mechanism.
What does that mean?
price more 'high but collectible knife.
I came across many knives ugly (then there should be a week to explain my thoughts and I will not bore you)
the second:
New Line Revolution:
knife of high quality.
 heads in good steel, not stuffed completely full. filework.
mirror polished .. etc etc. ..
 the assembly of New Line Revolution requires at least 6 times as long to make a classic line normal. (without the finishes that I listed at the beginning).
the Third.
What you see we can inqudrare in the series of knives prototype.
The prototypes as you know better than me, are knives that have not yet gone into production .. and that perhaps even he will.
So their value goes up.
hours and hours of testing, processing, and sometimes the knife should be thrown to start over.
the prototype usually has some imperfections that need to be improved.
many manufacturers, first make knives and then on some affix the word prototype, but in fact the knife was not tested as it should.
try to open and close a switchblade more than a thousand times.
if after this test remains say the knife as the original.
then this is a good knife.
What's important to occasionally a little bit of oil between blade bolts and the mechanism.
turn the bolster and put a drop of oil.
the switchblade knife and more 'difficult to manufacture, and also every little detail is left to chance, everything has a meaning.
This is what is most fascinating about this product.
Give me listening, choose a knife that you think is the best of the new generation.
open it and close it 1000 times, and maybe you will enjoy much more than a simple "loose" or the movement of the blade in a vertical knife open.
hello all.
your friend

ciao a tutti gli amici di Talkblade forum
volevo farvi vedere del maestro artigiano Armando Beltrame.
tre tipi di coltelli.
1°classic line
2° New Revolution Line
3° nickel silver Line.
il primo:
Classic line, ovvero quello che si distingue per una caratteristica che generalmente si può trovare in una fascia di mercato media:
testine di acciaio vuote,precisamente in termini tecnici imbottite o stampate, il che vuol dire la stessa cosa.
in questo caso vi presento il "top" di questa categoria. spiego: (perdonate il mio inglese)
montando delle lame ben contornate (bene arrotate) affilate con cura.
polished mirror blades and bolster.
manici di altissima qualità.
Si può arrivare ad un prodotto bellissimo a prezzi contenuti.
La scelta del manico però e una cosa fondamentale.
il materiale che si usa per fabbricare un coltello a scatto e la cosa fondamentale. ogni materiale ha una risposta al taglio, e alla sagomatura molto diverse tra loro.
perchè secondo voi non si vedono più quelle belle sfumature che troviamo sui vecchi coltelli a scatto?
i materiali e specialmente il corno di vacca ma anche il bufalo, piu' striature mantiene a coltello finito e piu e difficile da lavorare.. ovvero un bel manico con belle sfumature si rompe facilmente dal momento che lo si fresa e si fanno tutte le altre lavorazioni che consentono di contenere tutto il meccanismo.
cosa vuol dire?
prezzo piu' alto ma coltello da collezione.
io mi sono imbattuto in tanti coltelli brutti (poi ci dovrei stare una settimana a spiegare il mio pensiero e non voglio annoiarvi)
il secondo:
New Revolution Line:
coltello di alta qualità.
testine in ottimo acciaio, completamente piene non imbottite. filework.
mirror polished..etc etc..
l'assemblaggio di New Revolution Line richiede almeno 6 volte il tempo per fabbricare un classic line normale.(senza le finiture che ho elencato all'inizio).
il Terzo.
Questo che vedete lo possiamo inqudrare nella serie dei coltelli prototipo.
I prototipi come sapete meglio di me, sono coltelli che non sono ancora entrati in produzione.. e che forse nemmeno ne entreranno.
Per questo il loro valore sale.
ore e ore di prove, lavorazioni, e a volte il coltello va buttato per ricominciare da capo.
il prototipo di solito ha delle imperfezioni che devono essere migliorate.
molti produttori, prima fanno i coltelli e poi su alcuni appongono la scritta prototipo, ma di fatto il coltello non e stato testato come dovrebbe.
provate ad aprire e chiudere un coltello a scatto piu di mille volte.
se dopo questa prova il coltello rimane diciamo come originale.
allora questo e un buon coltello.
cosa importante e dare di tanto in tanto un pochino di olio tra il perno della lama e all'interno del meccanismo.
girate il bolster e mettete una goccia di olio.
il coltello a scatto e il coltello piu' difficile da fabbricare, e anche ogni piccolo particolare non è lasciato a caso, tutto ha un significato.
Questa è la cosa piu affascinante di questo prodotto.
Datemi ascolto, scegliete un coltello che voi pensate sia il migliore della nuova generazione.
apritelo e chiudetelo 1000 volte, e forse si apprezzeranno molte cose in più rispetto ad un semplice "lasco" ovvero il movimento della lama in verticale a coltello aperto.
ciao a tutti.
vostro amico
Andrea.
Classic Line: Cow horn green/white and yellow.
Last edited by andrea on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrea

Re: AB-COLTELLERIE Di PREGIO- Knife line 2013

Post by andrea »

the difference between the bolster;
1: c aisi 330 bolster for Revolution
2: nickel silver bolster for Proto
3 Classic bolster for classic line
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Knives look nice and the solid NS bolsters are great but I'm not a big fan on having stuff written all over the blade. Personally I'd like to see some real design changes rather than tweaks on an old design.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
andrea

Post by andrea »

horizonod wrote:Knives look nice and the solid NS bolsters are great but I'm not a big fan on having stuff written all over the blade. Personally I'd like to see some real design changes rather than tweaks on an old design.
hello we think the old way, the classic and always the classic, I like a lot of stuff written across the blade, I like to exchange ideas. thanks for your reply
Andrea
De gustibus non disputandum est
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

Really cool stuff there Andrea. :D I like it when the bolsters are either lined or solid. It's interesting that some take 6(!) times longer to make. Thank you for giving an explaination as to why some knives essentially look similar but have a price discrepancy that's quite large.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
andrea

Post by andrea »

Krab-E wrote:Really cool stuff there Andrea. :D I like it when the bolsters are either lined or solid. It's interesting that some take 6(!) times longer to make. Thank you for giving an explaination as to why some knives essentially look similar but have a price discrepancy that's quite large.
Ciao Krab!
Thank's you for the reply and cimpliments for
My little job for explanation!
Ciao e grazie a te!
Con simpatia.
Andrea