Looking For Specific Switchblade or Custom

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MuteTV

Looking For Specific Switchblade or Custom

Post by MuteTV »

Hello all, I am definitely new to switchblades and knives for that matter.

I have always wanted a solid, reliable, good knife. I do not want to collect, but I want one for everyday carry (protection) and also for whatever other occurance calls for a knife.

I am not a violent person, I do not particularly like violence either and this is solely because I find an interest in weapons (don't all men), so if I am going to have a convenient/sometimes necessary (depending on who you ask) item, I would want it to be specific to me and call it my own.

I have done my research and pretty much any conversation I come across, people seem to say there is nothing like a Microtech. I do like their designs, but I wanted something a little out of the ordinary so maybe you all can figure out what is out there for me, or what I can get and then customize later.

I like coffin, or stilleto style handles. Or really anything that is proportioned. I want the blade to be OTF, dual action and also black. I want to keep emblems and logos at a minimum, if at all. I want the blade to be black, dagger style and at least 3". I also like when the blade is a bit thin and so is the handle, but not necessary. I do not like when the blade looks too small compared to the bulky handle either. Although, like I said, I am big on perportion. I also seem to lean on the blades that have a line hole in the middle (not sure what that is called).

I would also like this switchblade to have a finger ring on the top. Not necessary, but that is the custom addition I was talking about.

I really like Microtech and my budget is $500.

What can you guys come up with for me?
dark2023

Re: Looking For Specific Switchblade or Custom

Post by dark2023 »

single action OTFs are more reliable.

For a dual action either one of those piranha Excalibur thingies, or a microtech scarab. If you want a custom then you can look into marfione customs (he customizes microtech knifes) or maybe a Jeff Harkins otf.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

MuteTV wrote: I like coffin, or stilleto style handles. Or really anything that is proportioned. I want the blade to be OTF, dual action and also black. I want to keep emblems and logos at a minimum, if at all. I want the blade to be black, dagger style and at least 3". I also like when the blade is a bit thin and so is the handle, but not necessary. I do not like when the blade looks too small compared to the bulky handle either. Although, like I said, I am big on perportion. I also seem to lean on the blades that have a line hole in the middle.

I would also like this switchblade to have a finger ring on the top. Not necessary
I really like Microtech and my budget is $500.
Mr. MuteTV,

Greetings and WELCOMENESS!

I think the MicroTech Makora II would fit your bill quite nicely. It meets mos' of your criteria (except for the holes inna blade). It has the logo and other stuff printed onna pocket clip, but that can be easily removed...

The onliest OTF I have ever seen with a "finger ring" are the "Tomb Raiders" and I know you don't want one of those...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

Hello, & Welcome MuteTV!
Good luck finding a Makora I,or II.
Last edited by Krab-E on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Krab-E wrote: Good luck finding a Makora I or II.
Hadn't considered that... :oops:
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Hello, MuteTV; good to have you here.

The line hole in the middle of the blade (I don't know what that's called either) is a feature of a single-action OTF. And I would recommend a single-action as less mechanics means less things that can break and it will be much easier to fix.

I would recommend a Dalton OTF. Check out the ones at the bottom of the first page of this gallery.
http://home.comcast.net/~km4yk/Dalton.html
Granted they will be tough to find and will cost a few hundred dollars but they will be worth it.

Sharper Deals has a Tango right now but that it one that has a handle that looks much bigger than the blade (because it is much bigger than the blade).

Also, you probably can't get one with a black blade. You might want to go with a Microtech if the black blade is that important. But if you find one for sale, it would be a good idea to consult an expert before buying it as it is not unheard of to see a $25 Asian clone being sold as a $350 original.

I do not want to collect, but I want one
HA!!

"I just want a to try it once. I just want a taste, man! Just one!!"

I remember when I was there.

It won't be long until you realize you want two. Actually, you'll need two.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

JerrBear wrote:
Krab-E wrote: Good luck finding a Makora I or II.
Hadn't considered that... :oops:
PVK has the Makora II back in stock. Try contacting Josh.
http://www.pvk.com/webcat/MicrotechMako ... ype3.shtml

BTW. :oops: Welcome to the forum Mr. MuteTV..Enjoy your stay.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

We have some Makoras in stock if that is what you are looking for. IMHO the Ultratech is a much better deal. It's basicly a Makora without the grippy inserts for a whole lot less $$$$.
http://nicnac.net/contents/en-us/search ... =ultratech
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

If you like the Microtech's you may want to look into a "Combat Troodon" OTF. They are approx. 9" overall and have the Ricassa "Perforated Trough" down the blade. I've carried one for years. Not only is this knife attractive, it also has great accoustics. Very heavy duty. It seems to posess all the requirements you desire including the price(Around $425.00 new). I've seen them on numerous forums including JerseyDevil and BladeForum for around $350. Blade HQ also has a wide selection of blade styles and handle colors if you want to go New. Benchmade makes an "Infidel" that is quite impressive as well. Good Hunting!
The end of the story has already been written...Time is just casting the players
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

chingngiy wrote:ahm hi MuteTV ahm your looking for a
Switchblade or Custom maybe you shoul go to these
website..
Which sites?

But, I should point out that MuteTV was a hit and run poster, He never came back (or at least never logging in) after that once post.
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

The Microtech Ultratech is the best value if you want a DA / OTF for EDC. Way cheaper than a Scarab or Troodon but the same blade length in a more compacy package. I wouldn't use a Dalton, Harkins or custom Microtech for EDC. Once you use it the value drops considerably.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.