FRANK B HUMPBACK

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
SRD115

Re: FRANK B HUMPBACK

Post by SRD115 »

I just replaced my 8 year old computer. Got my new one at Best Buy. The kid who sold it to me was 20 years old.
We were talking about modern day electronics. The Best Buy kid simply could not comprehend the concept of a telephone party line we had when I was a kid in the 50"s. The look on his face was priceless.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

SRD115 wrote:I just replaced my 8 year old computer. Got my new one at Best Buy. The kid who sold it to me was 20 years old.
We were talking about modern day electronics. The Best Buy kid simply could not comprehend the concept of a telephone party line we had when I was a kid in the 50"s. The look on his face was priceless.
In that case I would say the kid was more amazed at the fact that phones once had little curly wires coming out of the end of'em. :lol:
The electronic world in my eyes is actually pushing us as human beings backwards not forward.
Now with voice-activation we don't even have to press that "one " button in our "saved" menu to call our wives or girlfriends,we just have to say the name of who we want to call,saving us any unwanted finger cramps from dialing.
Look at the history of the advancement of electronics- We no longer have to ride across the Ponderosa to tell Little Joe it's supper time,Thomas Edison made us a telephone.
We don't have to gather around from miles away,sit around a camp fire to tell stories because of the radio.
Now the kids can be left alone to watch the Lone Ranger on tv,so we don't have to communicate with our children...we all know this leads to good things in the end.
NOW we don't have to get off our fat *sses to change the channel because of remote control.
Calculators and computers do our thinking tasks for us so not only are our asses getting fatter and lazier but the media and modern television has softened our brains to Jell-O.
Microwave ovens not only heat that left-over Big Mac but we don't have to slave over a hot stove to enjoy a home-cooked meal but instead a styrofoam encased delight filled with items that never caused a farmer any grief....not to mention the microwaves have cooked-off any remnants of brain matter we had left. :lol:
Don't get me wrong,I am not a bitter man,just trying to get a laugh or two. 8)
whippersnapper wrote:I miss my old windows 98. I think my dial-up connection worked better than it does with Win 7.
They were from the same decade Terry,that's why they worked so well together. :lol:
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Viking ,it made me laugh :!: very true :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Some of the new technology may seem unnecessary

But a lot of it is truly great as well

Computers and the internet has made it possible to have forums like this, where people from different parts of the globe can meet and share specialized hobbies

Like switchblade collecting for example :D
lars

Post by lars »

peter43 wrote:Viking ,it made me laugh :!: very true :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ditto :lol: :lol:
And it IS very true.
StevieWunders

Post by StevieWunders »

Okay, if we're gonna talk computers, I'm the Old Fart of all old farts, at least by proxy. My late mother was the first female civilian computer programmer (and, later, systems analyst) in the U.S. Robert Stevens was Sec. of Defense back then and the first computer released to the civilian sector went, ahem, to his family's business, where Mom worked. She signed up to try it and never looked back. I typed my first punch-cards when I was nine(1958). Wrote my first BASIC program a few years later. Those big boy toys took up ACREAGE in building space and even more in air-conditioning equipment. They didn't have the capacity that sits on my desk nowadays.
Jeez, I don't FEEL that old... :roll:
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Back on the subject of the knife, I have ordered one. It's been a while since I have bought a brand-new knife, but this one, I just could not resist. I will post pics when I get it.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

what scales did you get Pfaust ? 8)
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

niceguy2 wrote:what scales did you get Pfaust ? 8)
Black horn. I considered a stag but decided to go with the horn.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

nice ! , show and tell when you get it . i`ll be interested in what you think and how they feel in hand :D my interests arent quiiiiiite there ,,,,,,yet
komodo

Post by komodo »

hogwild wrote:Why Hell guys; my first calculator was- of all things; a slide rule. I can't be the only guy here that used those. .
I got all you guys beat. MY first calculator was an ABACUS! :mrgreen:

Not one of the ancient wooden bead type, a "modern" hand held metal version that I got in the early 60's when I was about 7 or 8 years old.
If it's not fun, why do it?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

My first calculator was also a slide rule, and I can still use one (but I don't).

Jim
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Got my humpback in today and am very happy with it. Nice knife!
Attachments
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG (90.11 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

Looks reeealy nice . :) are the buttons nickel ?
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

niceguy2 wrote:Looks reeealy nice . :) are the buttons nickel ?
Don't think the buttons are but regardless, this is a neat knife and different from anything I own. Would like to have one in stag or ram too, but I doubt that will happen cuz I can't buy 'em all! :lol: