FREE SWING GUARD!!!!!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

Re: FREE SWING GUARD!!!!!!

Post by dark2023 »

I don't know who taught you probability theory, but you should seek an immediate refund. As long as the digit chosen is not removed from the universe of available choices, the probability of a second identical choice is exactly the same as any other. Or a third, etc.
Rock on, Mark Of The Beast... :twisted:
Were not dealing with set probability here, were dealing with chance, and according to chance probability, a number being picked three times is less likely than 3 separate digits. When is the last time you saw a pick 3, were it was the same number 3 times.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
StevieWunder
Location: Georgia, land of the free, home of 4 million northern escapees

Post by StevieWunder »

dark2023 wrote:
I don't know who taught you probability theory, but you should seek an immediate refund. As long as the digit chosen is not removed from the universe of available choices, the probability of a second identical choice is exactly the same as any other. Or a third, etc.
Rock on, Mark Of The Beast... :twisted:
Were not dealing with set probability here, were dealing with chance, and according to chance probability, a number being picked three times is less likely than 3 separate digits. When is the last time you saw a pick 3, were it was the same number 3 times.
We're always dealing with set probability-either finite sets or infinite ones. In this case each tumbler contains 10 balls numbered 0-9, a finite set. Selection of any ball from the first tumbler is an independent event. Same with the selection of a ball from the second and, then, third tumblers. In each case, a random selection from an identical universe of possibilities is made, with each number having the exact same chance of being selected. Events in the first tumbler have no chance of affecting events in the second or third tumbler. They are physically independent. To assume otherwise would , I guess, be to assume that the balls in the second tumbler heard what happened in the first and changed their behavior accordingly. God knows what the balls in the third would be up to. :o
The odds of trips are less than ALL other outcomes because there are only 10 outcomes yielding three-of-a-kind, while there are 989 other results. The odds of any specific three-of-a-kind result is exactly the same as the odds of any other specific three digit outcome. The chance of getting 666 is the same as getting 123, 546, 008, etc.
Is this fun,or WHUT?
StevieWunder
Location: Georgia, land of the free, home of 4 million northern escapees

Post by StevieWunder »

The 2-watt light in my head just went on. If this is what's known as hijacking a thread, all concerned please forgive the faux pas and somebody please ship this off to wherever it belongs.
That said, it's an interesting mental exercise.
We sharpen our minds as we sharpen our blades-by forcing them into conflict with the unyielding.
Is this fun,or WHUT?
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

The chance of getting 666 is the same as getting 123, 546, 008, etc.
No, it is not, not by the expanded martingale probabilities.

The basic martingale probability system says, if we have something with a 50/50 chance, coin toss for example. Each subsequent time we land on heads the chances of landing on tails next double's or landing on heads again halves. The expanded martingale system takes this to a whole new level.

Lets let all other debate on this be in PM or in another topic.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Well my Martingale Probability says 436 please. lol Jim
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
missaman

Post by missaman »

being that there ar about 40 or so members who have posted so far....
The chance of me keeping my knife are pretty good :mrgreen:
missaman
missaman

Post by missaman »

Missa wunder and missa dark.... you both have me lmao....
Missaman
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

Random events align non randomly...

I'll take 929 please!

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
hwevers

Post by hwevers »

I'd like 122, please and thanks.

Howard
wild zebra

Post by wild zebra »

973 please, yeh 999 members we'll see!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Missaman-

Aha!!, and ha-ha!! You must have been semi-en-buzzed when you en-posted the rules, 'eh?? No matter- if'n a tripoled numberatoid guessage can winst an actual prize rather than a subpoena, eye'm in. Therefore, minst three ### guess is- 397. I will confess that said number sequence was put forth mine mine sainted son.

AS ever,

Your Ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
cooltc2004

Post by cooltc2004 »

351 please :)
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Missaman,

A rather cool giveaway I must say. The only numbers I can drum up is the infamous (ME)262.

Still a BOC fan.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I love BOC (and I was born in the 90's)
(I have an old copy of Club Ninja)

However I fail to see how 397 has anything to do with BOC.
deathkorp

Post by deathkorp »

Free knife? I'm in!

357 for me!

I'm an oddball collector of sorts, so when my friend told me about this, it was surefire!