Queen Switch?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
StevieWunder
Location: Georgia, land of the free, home of 4 million northern escapees

Queen Switch?

Post by StevieWunder »

Does anyone know of Queen Steel (USA) making a switchblade? There's an SB at the SD auction, http://www.sharperdeals.net/auction_det ... n_id=53559 with a Queen button. I've never heard of one, so I'm asking to increase my meager storehouse of knowledge. Have to admit, I'll be amazed if the button goes with the knife. But then, I've been amazed more than once already. It ain't fatal.
Is this fun,or WHUT?
Viking45

Re: Queen Switch?

Post by Viking45 »

The button logo looks legit,I'm no expert but I know Queen has been around for quite a while and are quite collectible.
But to answer your question you'll need an expert. Bill,Redeye or Jim would be a good bet.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Queen did make two versions called the model 25 Jet pushbutton knife. One with a safety. and one without. They both are in the toothpick style.
queen.JPG

Since the seller of the 2 knives in your links is Mark Erickson, who literally wrote the book on American made switchblades, if it was a Queen he would probably said so, but you never know.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The Queen "button" is off of another knife, glued in place to replace the missing button.
Neither of the knives is a Queen. My guess is they are Agentine made.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
StevieWunder
Location: Georgia, land of the free, home of 4 million northern escapees

Post by StevieWunder »

Although I've had a love affair with knives since early childhood, the REAL allure of the subject of switchblades is my own ignorance. Learning about something new is, at my age, essential to keeping a sharp mind (that's assuming, of course, that I had one to begin with). I love the fact that I don't already know a lot about this stuff-it means there's a nearly limitless amount of information to be absorbed and, consequently, a world of entertainment to be had.
Thank you, Bill, for clarifying things-again. When I first decided to pursue my interest in switches, I stumbled upon your Delphi Forum. I ate it like intellectual candy. The more I learned, the more I wanted to know. There was a lot to learn from that forum. If arthritis hadn't beaten you to the punch, you would have given birth to yet another mangler.
I know I'm rambling, but I really wanted to thank all of you folks for the spirit of sharing that you exhibit so quickly and freely.
Is this fun,or WHUT?
missaman

Post by missaman »

I have one with a safety made in Pa. funny that is where I got it and yes a toothpick style knife larger than the imperial and hammer brand knives
Missa
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The Queen "button" is off of another knife, glued in place to replace the missing button.
Neither of the knives is a Queen. My guess is they are Agentine made.
They are Spanish. Mint examples can be seen at www.autoknife.info under the Spanish link.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

I have both Queen No. 25 Jet knives one with the safety and one without. Those two knives were the only switchblades that Queen made to my knowledge. The knives came out just before the 1958 switchblade ban so teeir manufacture was short lived. Bill is correct, I have a Queen non auto toothpick that has that medallion, it appears that the medallion was affixed to that Italian style knife to replace the button that was originally on it. Jim
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?