Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jmack1944

Re: Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

Post by jmack1944 »

BTB0923 wrote:Just tell them to slap on a Microtech logo on 'em. :P

If you really could get some of your Chinese contacts to look into getting a Rizzuto style knife made in bulk that'd be great. Have them put batwing style guards on them.
I'm serious BTB. The pics went to my knife company in China overnight. Waiting for a reply.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

jmack1944 wrote:I'm serious BTB. The pics went to my knife company in China overnight. Waiting for a reply.
8) I figured you were probably being serious about sending the pics, but kidding about the logo part :wink: Did you send them pics of a Korean Rizzuto clone, or pics of an actual Rizzuto? An Asian clone of a batwing Rizzuto would be very cool since I think all of the clones thusfar have had the standard guards (with the exception of the old Japanese ones).
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Milano......Alyssa? Mint?

Actually, there have been some rather nice assisted open knives carrying the Milano name of late. Add a swing guard, which is my all time favorite, manual, auto or gravity operated, who could ask for more? I still think marking them Mexican Express Card would be funny, but I have no desire to irritate our Latino friends. All in good fun,eh?

Let the Rizzuto rise from the grave! Better made,stronger! sharper! Louder! Much louder!

The possibilities are nearly endless!

But be sure we get an 11'' pattern,too.
Life has no value, Death has a price
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

BTB0923 wrote:
jmack1944 wrote:I'm serious BTB. The pics went to my knife company in China overnight. Waiting for a reply.
8) I figured you were probably being serious about sending the pics, but kidding about the logo part :wink: Did you send them pics of a Korean Rizzuto clone, or pics of an actual Rizzuto? An Asian clone of a batwing Rizzuto would be very cool since I think all of the clones thusfar have had the standard guards (with the exception of the old Japanese ones).
Pics of the Italian. Asking for 9 and 11's in black and white.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

jmack1944 wrote:Pics of the Italian. Asking for 9 and 11's in black and white.
Perfect. I may be able to procure a broken one to take apart if they need pics of the internals. Although that may not be necessary as it's much like a standard Italian lockback swing guard.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Gunner P.M.ed me, he is fine but, Very busy :idea: :D :!:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Will the modern versions be designed to be true to form and self-destruct after a few dozen openings and closings?

Jim
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

jim d, wrote:Will the modern versions be designed to be true to form and self-destruct after a few dozen openings and closings?

Jim
Look at the picture. We're not talking about cloning a typical Rizzuto. The Italian lockbacks were much more robust. Have you ever held one?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Vagrant wrote:Gunner P.M.ed me, he is fine but, Very busy :idea: :D :!:
Good to hear he's ok Al 8)
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

The Italian lockbacks were much more robust. Have you ever held one? Yes, several, and i hope this endeavor works out well.

Jim
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

GOD those lockbacks are sexy. There. I said it. Sexy. :twisted: :twisted:

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

jim d, wrote:Yes, several, and i hope this endeavor works out well.

Jim
Me too. :) The Microtech clones that the Chinese produce are pretty solid. They aren't as solid as real Microtechs, but lets face it...neither are most modern Italian knives. I think they could produce a decent clone of an Italian lockback Rizzuto if properly motivated. Although, judging from some of the posts in this thread the build quality of the knife may take a backseat to the visual appeal.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hi guys i dont think it would be hard to re-produce them at all , first off you would need an example to send to china or korea so it could be taken apart and the parts could be duplicated, the chinese or koreans will make you anything you want ( in quanity) it just takes a reliable and trust-worthy source in china or korea to get them done. there are makers in china who will make anything you desire but there is a 250,000 piece minimum from some manufactures.
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

METALGOD wrote:Hi guys i dont think it would be hard to re-produce them at all , first off you would need an example to send to china or korea so it could be taken apart and the parts could be duplicated, the chinese or koreans will make you anything you want ( in quanity) it just takes a reliable and trust-worthy source in china or korea to get them done. there are makers in china who will make anything you desire but there is a 250,000 piece minimum from some manufactures.
I'll take 10... any one else want to vouch for the other 249,990?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

:lol: First let's just wait and see how Jmack does with his contacts. Maybe he can work some magic.