Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Furcs

Re: Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

Post by Furcs »

BTB0923 wrote:Hey guys, unfortunately Jmack has been banned from the forum. I won't go into the specifics of why, but it's unrelated to this thread. Anyways, I'm going to continue communicating with him via email to get information regarding the hopeful next generation of Rizzuto clones. Not really sure yet of just how long it may take for them to materialize...or even if it's absolutely certain that they will. However, Jmack says that his contact has looked at the pictures he sent, and communicated to him that they would not be hard to copy. I'm getting the impression that we may actually see this happen. 8)
Well, if Jmack needs lead-men, maybe I should be one... hey, we sure need to keep his sales up and I need extra cash.

Is there is anyone else that thinks this is really starting to smell like crap?
BTB0923, it's nothing personal with you but this is starting to go microtech-rizzy weird, and there seems to be some common denominators that connect all this sh*it.

just my opinion.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

No offense taken at all, but I'm not sure I quite follow. I don't intend to have ANY monetary connection to this endeavor if that's what you mean (other than I'm probably going to buy a couple). I'm just excited with the possibility of seeing an affordable batwing Rizzuto in the marketplace. There's no patent on the design, so I don't think any laws would be broken in that regard. Please correct me if I'm wrong though. Forgive me if I'm being naive, but what exactly are your concerns?
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

BTB0923 wrote:No offense taken at all, but I'm not sure I quite follow. I don't intend to have ANY monetary connection to this endeavor if that's what you mean (other than I'm probably going to buy a couple). I'm just excited with the possibility of seeing an affordable batwing Rizzuto in the marketplace. There's no patent on the design, so I don't think any laws would be broken in that regard. Please correct me if I'm wrong though. Forgive me if I'm being naive, but what exactly are your concerns?
Funny, but I was asked before 'why do you care'. Sometimes I wonder myself, but even as a new member my concern is what's happening to this boards integrity. It's ok, just somethin' I feel in the wind about this.

But I realize I didn't answer your question. This forum, at least as I can tell, still has sponsors that have a legitimate and vested interest in their business of making authentic knives and are nice enough to allow us this forum. Counterfeit knives, different than clones are insulting and the association with the the making of the newer, latest rizzy with the same guy who's, in my opinion, promoting his own sales which involve knives that are counterfeit is not appropriate here. 'Advertise' as you will as a link to him, and for whatever reason you may argue that description, but that's how it comes across and I think the whole thing is misplaced judgement wise.

As I posted, just my opinion... for what it's worth.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

So wait a moment. How are we going to get rizzutos if jmack has been banned.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

BTB0923 wrote:The Chinese company that Jmack is communicating with is currently working on creating a mould. He's going to send me pics and info as soon as he has it. I'll be sure to post information as I get it.

Is there anybody else on the forum that hasn't spoken up yet that might be interested in buying at least one of these lockback Rizzuto clones if they are affordable enough?
Put me down for 4.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Furcs wrote:But I realize I didn't answer your question. This forum, at least as I can tell, still has sponsors that have a legitimate and vested interest in their business of making authentic knives and are nice enough to allow us this forum. Counterfeit knives, different than clones are insulting and the association with the the making of the newer, latest rizzy with the same guy who's, in my opinion, promoting his own sales which involve knives that are counterfeit is not appropriate here. 'Advertise' as you will as a link to him, and for whatever reason you may argue that description, but that's how it comes across and I think the whole thing is misplaced judgement wise.

As I posted, just my opinion... for what it's worth.
Ah, I understand now. If you don't want to support Jmack then just don't buy one of the clones. I have to say that at this point however, they're going to get made irregardless of whether or not they're "advertised" here. If I thought that Jmack was really doing something immoral then I wouldn't be communicating with him. I know he imports and sells the Microtech clones, but since the release of the "Mikov-tech", I've lost all sympathy for that company. Unless Microtech decides to start paying royalties to Mikov for stealing their design, then I simply don't care. I wouldn't do it myself, but it just doesn't bother me. They dug their own grave on that one.

In regards to the counterfeit Benchmades, Jmack has told me that he's not going to be buying them for resale, just a couple for his personal collection. I think that's a smart move considering all the attention that the thread he started is getting. I think that when he started that other thread, his intention was just to show off the knives, not sell them. If someone has information that tells me otherwise, then that will change things.

That being said, if the consensus of the forum is that they don't want this next generation of Rizzuto clones associated with the forum, I'll stop posting about them. I really hope that's not the case though, because like I said I'm really excited about seeing them materialize and I think this will be a fun process to share with the forum.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

sicboy13 wrote:Put me down for 4.
Aight. I'm not really "taking orders" though, just trying to get a feel for how many people here might be interested.
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

yes, allow me to rephrase, I would purchase 4 of said knife should it become available :)

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

cool, thanks. I think I might get 4 too, depending on how much they end up costing.
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

put 4 in the sock drawer & pay for my daughters college with them if the current rates keep trending the way they are :)

krakenten

Post by krakenten »

I have no objection to cloning, but counterfeit is another story. I bought a Microtech clone, and the sheath had the Microtech logo on it. I cut the buckles off for reuse and threw the resat away, that snake won't bite again. The rest of the knife is devoid of markings.

Italy and Taiwan, yes, America, too, has to realize that the quality of Chinese goods is rising, just as Japan did after the Second World War. The made junk, but then, next thing you know, 'Made in Japan' is the gold standard.

America once made tons of counterfeit goods, then, it was good quality merchandise.

Rizzutos were fakes to begin with(Phil Rizzuto was a noted baseball star in the Fifties, and the Japanese love baseball.....?) People who want real Italian swing guards-and I love them-will buy them, people who want a batwing Rizzy will buy that. Nobody is going to get hurt here.

I just hope for a good, flat grind blade of quality steel for using, if they all get put away, they'll never gather any value. To become valuable an iten must pass through the stages: New. Used, Junk, Nostalgic memory and after a long time, Museum piece.

This is why those commerative coins they sell on late nite infomercials never become valuable, there are just about as many of them fifty years on as there ever were, and without nostalgia value, who cares?

So,Send in the Clones!
(the horror! the horror!)
Life has no value, Death has a price
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

krakenten wrote:I have no objection to cloning, but counterfeit is another story. I bought a Microtech clone, and the sheath had the Microtech logo on it. I cut the buckles off for reuse and threw the resat away, that snake won't bite again. The rest of the knife is devoid of markings.

Italy and Taiwan, yes, America, too, has to realize that the quality of Chinese goods is rising, just as Japan did after the Second World War. The made junk, but then, next thing you know, 'Made in Japan' is the gold standard.

America once made tons of counterfeit goods, then, it was good quality merchandise.

Rizzutos were fakes to begin with(Phil Rizzuto was a noted baseball star in the Fifties, and the Japanese love baseball.....?) People who want real Italian swing guards-and I love them-will buy them, people who want a batwing Rizzy will buy that. Nobody is going to get hurt here.

I just hope for a good, flat grind blade of quality steel for using, if they all get put away, they'll never gather any value. To become valuable an iten must pass through the stages: New. Used, Junk, Nostalgic memory and after a long time, Museum piece.

This is why those commerative coins they sell on late nite infomercials never become valuable, there are just about as many of them fifty years on as there ever were, and without nostalgia value, who cares?

So,Send in the Clones!
(the horror! the horror!)
+1

X-Punk

Post by X-Punk »

As your gauging intereset, I'd be interested in 3-4 for sure :)
"Never trust a hippie"- the Sex Pistols
xiuxiu1313

Post by xiuxiu1313 »

I would be VERY interested in some! Depending on the price I may be interested in a BUNCH! LOL. Please keep me posted with updates, who I can contact to place an order...etc.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Thanks for expressing interest guys. I'll update this thread with info as I get it.