Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jmack1944

Re: Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

Post by jmack1944 »

BTB0923 wrote:
jmack1944 wrote:Pics of the Italian. Asking for 9 and 11's in black and white.
Perfect. I may be able to procure a broken one to take apart if they need pics of the internals. Although that may not be necessary as it's much like a standard Italian lockback swing guard.

you have a pm
swinguard1

Post by swinguard1 »

Viking45 wrote:
jim d, wrote:Viking,

Earlier this week I was in a jewelry store having the battery in my (real) Omega Seamaster replaced. There were numerous signs at the displays for every high end Swiss watch brand warning of counterfeits (and presumably enticing prospective buyers to buy from the store for security). I was told that it takes a pro to tell the difference between some of the best counterfeits and the real thing.

Jim
Jim- Gorgeous watch. Omega,Tag Heuer and the Russian-made Poljot are some of my favorite watches.
Of course for me it's like the old saying- Champagne taste on a beer budget.
I could never afford anything that nice but I do like a nice watch.
Don't wear any jewelry but if I don't have my watch on I feel strange. I have had a couple of Seiko's and swear buy their toughness because I wear a watch in a tree running a saw,hammering,sanding you name it and they never let me down until I completely destroy it :lol:
Right now I have a Russian-made Vostok-Europe. The thing is a monster and keeps perfect time for over 5 years now and it has taken beating after beating.
It has a glass back so the parts are visible. The band on this watch is solid stainless with a heavy duty clasp with a locking device and has machine screws in the ends that hold it together. By far the best watch I have owned.A real tank.
Not bad for a 200 dollar watch.
Sharp watch! I'd own one! I'm into guns, knives, watches, and antique clocks. We all must me related here! Lol!!! Btw, I bought a Panerai knockoff from Hong Kong several years ago, and I get so many comments on it, I almost get tired of wearing it. Lol! :)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

swinguard1 wrote:Sharp watch! I'd own one! I'm into guns, knives, watches, and antique clocks. We all must me related here! Lol!!! Btw, I bought a Panerai knockoff from Hong Kong several years ago, and I get so many comments on it, I almost get tired of wearing it. Lol! :)
That's funny,I like old clocks too. I don't collect them but I think I have at least three or four old clocks. One being a clock my dad brought back from Tokyo during the Korean War.
I also bought an antique Russian clock and after doing some research it seems Russia makes some exquisite watches and clocks.
Many of the old factories are gone so I check e-bay for Russian clocks from time to time 8)
Poljot makes some of the coolest looking watches in my opinion.
Here's where I bought that Vostok/Europe watch.
http://www.russia2all.com/

Sorry this thread got "jacked",it seems to be the norm around here.
Speaking of Rizz come-backs,it seems some things go through big spurts then dies back down again.
Mikov's had a big spurt,Hubies,swing guards of all kinds,basic stilettos,Campolin's and Rizzies but there have been numerous spurts with all knives. Seems something gets in the water and people go nut then it's something elses. :lol:
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I'll take the hit for the thread being "jacked." It is cool to see that you guys like watches though. I own several, including a 1984-vintage Rolex GMT Master, a new Breitling, and several antique American wrist and pocket watches. As far as the fake watches, one thing that gives them away is the weight. A real Rolex, Omega, etc. weighs more than a counterfeit.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Panzerfaust wrote: As far as the fake watches, one thing that gives them away is the weight. A real Rolex, Omega, etc. weighs more than a counterfeit.
Yeah being that a Rolex is a block of gold,stainless or platinum machined out.
I have held a Rolex and they are a hand full.

I had a fake Rolex and there were a few different versions,mine was a little higher end and still didn't weigh half of the real thing. Another thing- A Rolex "second" hand flows smoothly,it does not "tick" like other watches. Mine ticked. Usually the first give-away on a fake Rolex.

This is one bad-*ss watch :shock:
http://www.breitling.com/en/index.php#/ ... h-limited/

A couple cool Russian watches.
http://www.russia2all.com/denissov-russ ... 6sb12.html
http://www.russia2all.com/vostok-europe ... 55141.html
I really like this one.
http://www.russia2all.com/vostok-europe ... 25112.html
http://www.russia2all.com/sturmanskie-r ... -3131.html
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Back to our regularly scheduled program.... 8)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

jmack1944 wrote:Back to our regularly scheduled program.... 8)
Yeah I'm sorry,got carried away. :oops:
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Viking45 wrote:
jmack1944 wrote:Back to our regularly scheduled program.... 8)
Yeah I'm sorry,got carried away. :oops:
No problem Vike. Just trying to keep interest in this thread. Doing a lot of work off site trying to get some rizzis made for those interested.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

jmack1944 wrote:Yeah I'm sorry,got carried away. :oops:
No problem Vike. Just trying to keep interest in this thread. Doing a lot of work off site trying to get some rizzis made for those interested.[/quote]

Cool. I am very curious to see what turns up on this endeavour.
Heck I may want one or two if you can pull it off.
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

You have NO idea how interested I am!
Life has no value, Death has a price
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I'd buy one assuming they are less than $60, I like the look of the rizzuto knives. And, who knows, if only a few thousand are made, they might be worth a LOT in a few years.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
StevieWunder
Location: Georgia, land of the free, home of 4 million northern escapees

Post by StevieWunder »

Just spoke with my Chinese contact and she is looking into the Rizzis but while I was speaking to her I ordered some of these beauties. For personal use naturally. No way I'd sell one of these as the real deal. I know they are on several sites in China but not at the price that I get them at.
Supposedly have D2 steel ( yeah...right ). Should be in my hands by end of next week. I'll do a review when I get them.
AHONTWUNNN! Or, two..
As per Rizzy clones, I'll take a handful. If they're REAL CHEAP, make that a shoebox full. Black or white. You think they'll have imitation horn?
Is this fun,or WHUT?
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Hey guys, unfortunately Jmack has been banned from the forum. I won't go into the specifics of why, but it's unrelated to this thread. Anyways, I'm going to continue communicating with him via email to get information regarding the hopeful next generation of Rizzuto clones. Not really sure yet of just how long it may take for them to materialize...or even if it's absolutely certain that they will. However, Jmack says that his contact has looked at the pictures he sent, and communicated to him that they would not be hard to copy. I'm getting the impression that we may actually see this happen. 8)
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
ss_3124

Post by ss_3124 »

Any update on getting some clones made?
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

The Chinese company that Jmack is communicating with is currently working on creating a mould. He's going to send me pics and info as soon as he has it. I'll be sure to post information as I get it.

Is there anybody else on the forum that hasn't spoken up yet that might be interested in buying at least one of these lockback Rizzuto clones if they are affordable enough?
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408