Korean Rizzy Clone going for what!!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Korean Rizzy Clone going for what!!!

Post by Tom19176 »

Al, I hope your sitting down for this one, as I know you think $10 is too high.....I think a few members here are bidiing, and if you want it it is worth it, but I saw a dozen of these for $100 back in the 90s, and the kits sold for $2.50 when that FL company stopped selling htem....
http://www.sharperdeals.net/auction_det ... n_id=51784
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Korean Rizzy Clone going for what!!!

Post by Vagrant »

Decades ago, an auctioneer told me, "you wouldn't the number of times I sold something, for 3 times the price it was selling for at SEARS"
:wink:
But, a restored Edsiel or Corvair, sells for more than it cost when new :?:
Rizzies have reached a greater level, than that :shock:
In my opinion, a switch that has "blade peek", after 100-200 firings, ain't worth it :idea:
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I bought an identical knife for about 20 bucks in Nogales in 1989. I gave it to a friend several months later when the cross guards became so loose that they fell off. I also had one of the nine-inch knives that cost $10 in 1984. I sold that knife in the early 90s for $20 and thought I had done well because I doubled my money. I guess I should have kept them both.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

I have one of those: Search "Korean Swing Guard - Author - JerrBear."

To that post I would add:

Like new!

Blade sits deep and is centered in well.

Button takes considerable pressure to depress. Don't know if it just needs lube, breaking-in, or what.

Will take $100 buck dollars + $5 buck dollars shipping iff'n anybody wants it. PM me...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

JerrBear wrote:I have one of those: Search "Korean Swing Guard - Author - JerrBear."

To that post I would add:

Like new!

Blade sits deep and is centered in well.

Button takes considerable pressure to depress. Don't know if it just needs lube, breaking-in, or what.

Will take $100 buck dollars + $5 buck dollars shipping iff'n anybody wants it. PM me...
I was looking for one more in the $150 dollar range, so I'll have to pass. :wink:
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jerr "such a bargin" ( not sure if a non NYC person gets the humor in that). I get the fact that people will pay almost anything they can afford for a knife ( or any collectable) they really want. I just have always been one to draw a balance between quality and cost. The Korean Rizzy clones made by Bell Metal are so poorly made that they fall apart if you open them too many times...the Japanese Rizzutos were actually much better and that is not saying all that much. I took one of the same model on sale apart in the 90s to see how bad it was, and I am talking it was bad.....Remember those 25 cent cap guns we bought as kids in the 60s....same quality of metal....I hope the winner is very careful not to open it too much!....
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

JerrBear wrote: Will take $100 buck dollars + $5 buck dollars shipping iff'n anybody wants it. PM me...
whippersnapper wrote: I was looking for one more in the $150 dollar range, so I'll have to pass. :wink:
Mr. Whipper,

Okay, just for you, iff'n it will make you feel more betterness, I will let you 'steal' it from me for $150 buck dollars! :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice try but no thanks...I want a real $150 dollar Rizzy clone. Not an overly inflated $100 dollar one. :P :wink:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I still want a Rizzy like the one I got in Mexico as a kid but I will wait until I find someone that has one for 25 bucks 8)

All knives are collectible but a Rizzy is just that high on my "want" list.
For that price I would get a Frank B swinger with horn scales or a nice Hubie but a Rizz for 150?
No thanks.
(Wow,16 bidders) :shock:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Tom19176 wrote: I just have always been one to draw a balance between quality and cost.
Mr. Tom19176,

With these things and Rizzutos there doesn't seem to be any correlation between quality and cost...

With that first one currently having a high bid of $143.90 buck dollars, I think mine is indeed a bargain!

Mr. Whipper,

Jimpin' cheapskate! I withdraw my offer! :P HO! HO! :P

Mr. Viking,

$25 buck dollars? You might have a lonnnnnnnng wait...
JerrBear
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

It's so funny to see how amazed you guys get when these knives actually show what they can be worth to people. The quality of the knife has absolutely NOTHING to do with it's value...it's about supply vs. demand. I sold an old junker one of these 10.5 inch Korean clones (i.e. loose guards, marred up scales, dull blade etc.) for $230 a year ago. I've been looking for a replacement that's in good condition for some time now with no luck at all. It's no suprise that they are so rare, because most of them are probably trashed since they were made so cheaply. Now that one has finally popped up on the auction I'm glad to shell out the money for it. Hell guys, don't be suprised if the bidding goes up even higher. In the end you just have to remember....one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

EDIT TO ADD: anybody who is just reading this for the first time, realize that when I made this post I was the high bidder at $143.00....not the price it's up to now
Last edited by BTB0923 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
dragonsteel

Post by dragonsteel »

Two words. SPRITE"S REVENGE . Its all part of his evil ploy
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

:lol: I remember that guy, what a nut job.
Last edited by BTB0923 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

JerrBear wrote:Mr. Viking,

$25 buck dollars? You might have a lonnnnnnnng wait...
That's just fine with me Jerr, I would never spend more than that for a Rizz.
I understand how/why people love them but each one of us collectors have our preferences and a Rizzuto is not one of mine.

I can think of at least two dozen knives I would buy for 150 :|

And BTB- I would never down a knife or the man who collects it,as I said to each his own.
In all honesty I would love to have a couple mint Rizzys.
A black one and a white one for my collection. Now I might consider a trade of some kind but I'm just not going to shell-out hard cash for something that's not high on my faves list.
Look at those little gentleman's knives from the 20's and 30's,yes they are awesome but not my thing.

There are a few Mikov's I want,a few more nice Italian swingers,Hubies,Leverletto's etc in the price range of a nice Rizz.