Good ones ...comments

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Uriel

Post by Uriel »

yeah I think its real safe to say ya fired up a s**t storm overe there Gonzo.. hehehe
Uriel
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side & a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I beleive that there is always two sides to a story and since the seller is on our good guys list we should give him a chance to explain his side before we pass judgement.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor_54 wrote:I beleive that there is always two sides to a story and since the seller is on our good guys list we should give him a chance to explain his side before we pass judgement.
I agree and it's time for him to say SOMETHING.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"Common practice" or not I DON'T sell knives I don't have on the hope they will arrive "someday".
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Vagrant wrote:"Common practice" or not I DON'T sell knives I don't have on the hope they will arrive "someday".

Mr. Vagrant,

Damn straight too! :D I don't think anyone is gonna win in this little spat. The buyer and seller should be communicating between themselves, not here or BF or wherever.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Stone knife presented his complaint about a dealer on this thread in a totally acceptable way..... nothing wrong with that!

He was merely following a suggestion to post negative comments also... not being vindictive.... if we are to have a "good ones" thread at all surely it has to withstand scrutiny.....

While very few dealers have a 100% success rate it seems to me that in this particular case there is genuine reason for complaint..... how else are we to highlight any failings from the people that otherwise might treat their customers shabbily?

Best wishes
Teddy
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Teddy,

Right you are! I see this thread as a tool for members who, for example, find a piece that they want but have no info regarding the seller. If the seller is on the list, then he/she can buy with confidence. Also, newcomers to our hobby can go to the list and be assured of not receiving a stiletto that must be a real Italian because it is stamped "Milano".

Jim
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Teddy,

Since you did not address anyone in particular with your last post, I take it you were referring to my post to Mr. Vagrant. The gist of my post was that some communication before the sale can avoid a lot of bad feelings. I'm sure Mr. Stone Knife and some of the newer members may look to send an e-mail before placing an order. It certainly doesn't hurt, does it Mr. Vagrant :wink: .

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

No Mr. Bonzo, the gist of your post was that they should be communicating in private now!

I agree with Mr. Jim..... the whole point of the "good ones" thread is to help new members avoid getting bum deals... the best way of doing that is to inform.

Best wishes
Teddy
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Teddy,

Yeah, I guess you are right, but I never meant NOW. You know, we have had some interesting finger pointing blow-outs in the old forum. I can recall Mr. Tiny and someone else going at it over a 13" white perlex with a broken scale. That incident was handled right in front of everyone, settled, and Tiny's good name carry's on. One of the reasons I remember it so well was I ended up with the knife! Maybe this one can be settled as well, and get this damn thing over with before Mr. PushButton starts gouging eyeballs looking for a deep socket.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonz,

Years ago I invested considerable time and effort pursuing various and sundry deep sockets. Funny thing though, they were never eyeball sockets.

I suppose that one nice thing that occurs upon reaching the stage in life that we have is that we no longer have to pursue said sockets.

Jim
sicboy13

Re: Good ones ...comments

Post by sicboy13 »

I just ordered & received a Boker Kalishnikov from Blade HQ. I have to say, the whole experience was top notch. I was dumb enough to order first, then checked to make sure they were on the Good Ones List. Glad they were, and just to resurrect a dead thread, they belong on there still!

Prompt shipping, tracking number, even responded to my email inquiry ASAP. Very reasonable prices and cheap shipping. I will certainly look there again for my next knife.

I have a Boker for my EDC, and my friend wanted to buy it off me, I said "nope, but I'll order ya one!" Great "cheapo" knife, in price only that is!

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze