AKA automatic knife association?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
robcelani

AKA automatic knife association?

Post by robcelani »

What happened to this website? I remember stumbling on it a few months ago. The last time I checked no more website. My searches here and google give me the same old link but no new site. Thanks.

Later,

Rob
Though you hold your blade over my heart, through endurance... I will Prevail!
ragtime red

Re: AKA automatic knife association?

Post by ragtime red »

AKA gave it a good go for 5-6 years putting out a nice switchblade publication, Bill gave it up. Unfortunately there are not enough people to support such a publication. It's a shame, but he was losing money on every issue the last year or so. Sharper Deal has put out a newsletter for a year now. I hope people will support it. Without advertising, and an extremely low circulation... the price has to be pretty high for it to work.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Bill gave it up.
I know I'm a good year late on this, but when you say bill, do you mean Bill DeShivs?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

No. I had nothing to do with the AKA Newsletter.
I did, however, have an online magazine called "The Autoknife Collector." It lasted a year.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
MarcusRobinson

Post by MarcusRobinson »

The Automatic Knife Association -- aka switchblades is an association and publication all about automatic knives mechanical knives, spring knives, ballistic knives, press button knives, pushbutton knives, springers, stilettos, OTF knives and others. Please visit our website for full information about automatic knives, our association, and the latest news.

Thanks a lot.
Marcus