New Walt's tactical 11'' and 13''

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
birdieman

New Walt's tactical 11'' and 13''

Post by birdieman »

I just talked with Walt, and he has a couple prototypes of his brand new tactical 11'' and a few of his brand new 13'' stiletto. These are the follow-up to

the original run of his (effort with FB) new 5mm pieces. Apparently, he says the 13's are to die for and quite outstanding.

He said he would send me some pics, so I will post when i can. He is sending me one of the tactical ones, so ill post some pics when it arrives.

Also, a new thicker blade 9'' is in the works (to kinda follow the 11'' series). Can't wait!
picklock junkie
Fishtail Picklock

Re: New Walt's tactical 11'' and 13''

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Excellent! If he builds an 11" 5mm picklock with a ATS-34 standard blade, I'd be on that like "white on rice".

Scott
Fishtail Picklock
birdieman

Post by birdieman »

Here are the new 13'' wasps from Walt. http://latama.net/walts_wasp.html

I received the new 11'' tactical/black buffalo horn from Walt, and it is quite outstanding. All the tang stampings are all etched out, and are very visible (unlike most of the tactical stuff). If someone can host some pics for me, I'll send an E'mail of them so they can be posted.

I'll have a table at the Boise gun show this weekend, if anyone is in the area. Come say hi; I'm Rick :wink:
picklock junkie
captn hook

Post by captn hook »

Thanx for the link, birdieman. I've never seen that site before.
There are some beautiful knives there, but most are out of my price range I'm sad to say,
but they were nice to look at anyway. :)

Mike
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

WOW... Beautiful knives!
monstro

Post by monstro »

Was Walt talking about setting up some sort of European distribution?
birdieman

Post by birdieman »

Was Walt talking about setting up some sort of European distribution?
No, he never mentioned that, but he is heading to Maniago in about 2 weeks, and I'll know more when he gets back. Lately, he and I have been focused on selling the 'quick click' wine openers he has featured on his website. I partnered with him on distribution, and we have been getting them up and running. I am a dealer for his knives as well
picklock junkie
Shag

Post by Shag »

These are beautiful knives, as is his new 24" stag stiletto, but the prices just break my bank.

I agree, they have an extreme attention to detail, but even so $750.00 for a 13" stag stiletto seems astoundingly expensive. I don't know exactly why they are so high even with the additional quality? Someone is adding on a serious margin on top of the actual cost.
Albert Einstein: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
john

Post by john »

They're works of art. Art is expensive. These blades aren't made for the working stiff like me, but for those with lot of disposable income. I think they great knives, but it does angers me somewhat to be priced out. By making a limited edition you can make a higher profit. The production cost is low and the retail price is high. Down the road resale value is even higher. Nothing you guys didn't already know. I'm just venting.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
birdieman

Post by birdieman »

I fully agree with you guys. Those new 13's aren't cheap. IMHO, I believe the price break between the 11's and the 13's is too large for the 13 to be marketed properly. -Just my 2 cents. :wink:
picklock junkie
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

... price elasticity of demand .... Econ 101...

Jim
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

You are 100% correct, Jim! Econ 101.
Fishtail Picklock