Greetings to you all

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings Mr. tr4252,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay....I too look forward to seeing pics of the finished project.

Best wishes
Teddy
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Not sure if tagging this onto the last letter is the right way to address you who've responded to my initial post, but here goes.

My sincerest thanks for your friendly welcome. I was surprised and happy with the number and content of your response, and will try to contribute what I can to this unique group, the teachings of Saint Groucho Marx notwithstanding.

You seem to know a lot on the subject; I think I came to the right place. My goal is to learn as much as I can, without seriously pissing anybody off in the process. I wish I could thank each of you individually, but time is short and my girl friend has already spoken for the better part of the evening. More later for sure.

Note to Claudester: grateful for the lead, last night I signed up with Delphi/Knife 101. Sent a message to Nemo; am awaiting green light from jumpmaster to start stiletto project, glad to be on this flight.

Note to Vagrant: I know you're sharp (oh crap, puns already) when you say things that make me think.... "Why the hell didn't I think of that?". A ball bearing indeed! Something I hope to try, should I live so long. Non S-shaped guards are a definite possibility; I'd always admired my Scottish descended mothers' Greyloch dirk.

Be assured that I read each comment with great interest, several times, and should my current project be successful, you will all deserve credit. Should I fail, I will commit ritual insecticide.

Thus far, I've begun appropriating materials, etc., and a pair of those .065" liners is taking shape. My apprentice is already becoming suspicious, but I've implied he could find himself back digging turnips in Russia if things get too complicated. Also, today I ordered another 9" stiletto from that sinister clown company, to replace the one I took apart.

Regards,
TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

You make it sound like your dying?
Ummmm, somewhat didnt make sense.
Sorry if its to blunt
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

(oh crap, puns already)
Puns, you want PUNS? You missed my one about the Dogs the Germans were training to parachute from airplanes. they called them the----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LUFTWOOFA.
Now you know why you missed it. [I wonder if that translates?]
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

Bali,

No, I'm OK. Thanks for asking. It's just my sense of humor; there's only so much one can do in twenty-two thousand days, and I believe the awareness of it can be a positive motivator.

TR
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

Vagrant,

I remember that one. We did the play in high school; I think it was called "Hitler on the Roof". Something about a bumbling but well meaning corporal with a hilarious head injury. I sang the lead vocal in the "Mein Summer Kamph" mime number. Couldn't act well; I had a car but a wheel fell off. They let me punch peoples tickets for a while.

TR
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Never heard of it but it sounds hilarious.