What's the story with "David" the Mikov dealer.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mikem

What's the story with "David" the Mikov dealer.

Post by mikem »

The Mikovs look like a nice substantial blade and from what I can see some of you have had acceptable dealings with David.

I have 2 questions about him.

1. How does he justify adding 7% to the total if you use Paypal to pay him? I mean he attributes it to a bad exchange rate. i would think he would be overjoyed to get US dollars.

2. On his website he says, "Please keep in mind I'm not a knife dealer. I do this in my spare time."

I don't care whether he does it full time or part time. He's a knife dealer. He's sells lot of different knives, not just Mikovs, according to his website.

What's with this guy? There is no other way to say this. He's a liar. How can he say he's not a knife dealer? He is a knife dealer. He... sells... knives!

I want a Mikov. if I can get one from someone else, I will. If he's the only source for them in the US I will do without.

I won't do business with a liar. How the hell can he say, "I'm not a knife dealer... ."
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: What's the story with "David" the Mikov dealer.

Post by natcherly »

My, my, my, somebody certainly got out of bed on the wrong side today, didn't they?

I don't really have to stand up for David, but I will make the point that he does not make his primary living off of selling knives. You are correct that as he sells knives, he can be classified as a dealer, which you have done, but to call him a liar several times is a bit much. Those of us who have dealt with him know that he is upstanding and don't care for someone who rarely posts coming onto this forum throwing tantrums over word usage.

As to you other complaint, when he first started out, he couldn't take PayPal due to banking restrictions. (Czechoslovakia, WWII, iron curtain, cold war, collapse of the evil empire - any of this ring a bell?) The only real option was to send $ to his Wells Fargo account. He has now added several other options. If you want to avoid fees, the paths to that end are clear. Don't be such a grouch!
mikem

Post by mikem »

natcherly wrote:My, my, my, somebody certainly got out of bed on the wrong side today, didn't they? I don't really have to stand up for David, ...
I got out on the right side of the bed today. But when I read such an obvious misrepresentation of the truth it just got under my skin.

Why don't you simply answer my question. or maybe he'll see this and answer for himself! Maybe he'll delete the obvious BS about, "I'm not a knife dealer...."

i was simply lookinf for an answer as to why would he write such a thing when he is so CLEARLY a knife dealer. He sells many, many different types of knives.

He has tons of info on shipping, payment options and so on.

Look, either he is stupid OR he thinks the people who go to his website are stupid. How can he have that website and say:

"Please note that I am not a knife dealer and I do this in my spare time."

C'mon man! How do you define a "lie" or a "liar?"

Pretty simple. A lie is an "untruth." A liar tells "untruths."

He tells an untruth when he states, "Please note that I am not a knife dealer and I do this in my spare time." Hence, he is a liar.

And by the way, pal, what does my number of posts here have to do with this cat lying his ass off? I'll answer that for you. Nothing.

As I said in the original post, people seem happy in their dealing with him, so he's propably a good DEALER. So why does he deny dealing knives when his entire website is decdicated to selling knives? That's all I wanted to know!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I can tell you this- David is a respected member here. We get a little perturbed when someone, for no apparent reason, decides to insult one of us.
You could have simply asked questions, without calling him names and making accusations. Semantics aside, David is a good guy.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

It doesn't seem to be a lie actually.
Even w/out considering the language translation, He states that he sells knives in his spare time implying Sellers sell knives full time.
He has something different full time. Maybe he wants people to understand this in case they want a knife store service.
Leverlock switchblades
lars

Post by lars »

Bill DeShivs wrote:I can tell you this- David is a respected member here. We get a little perturbed when someone, for no apparent reason, decides to insult one of us.
You could have simply asked questions, without calling him names and making accusations. Semantics aside, David is a good guy.
Well said, Mr. DeShivs!

And as Jeff says:"He has something different full time. Maybe he wants people to understand this in case they want a knife store service."
mikem

Post by mikem »

As I said in the original post, people seem happy in their dealing with him, so he's propably a good DEALER. So why does he deny dealing knives when his entire website is decdicated to selling knives? That's all I wanted to know!
How many knives do you suppose the non-knife dealer sold last year?

i wonder how much he made selling knives last year?

BUT MOST OF ALL I would like to know why he slings the BS around on his website: "Please note that I am not a knife dealer and I do this in my spare time."

I don't care if he sold a ton of knives and made $1,000,000 doing it. I, for the last time, just want to know why he says he's not a dealer. It's a pretty simple question.

And if it's a language problem, why don't some of you good buddies of his clue him in and let him know that, even though he does it in his "spare time," he is in reality a knife dealer and he really should just get rid of the li..., er, misstatemen..., er, bullsh..., er, honest mistake he made due to his unfamiliarity with English, although his website is very, very well written otherwise.
Last edited by mikem on Sun May 23, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

And?
Or, are you just repeating yourself?
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
mikem

Post by mikem »

Bill DeShivs wrote:And?
Or, are you just repeating yourself?
Gee DeShivs gimme a minute. Nice to know you're hanging on my every word though.

So tell me, without all the extraneous crap you added before, why does this guy say he ain't a dealer?

If you answered it, I missed it.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Read the above posts for your answer.
Possibly his definition of "dealer" is different from yours.
He is not a liar, and you have no reason to accuse him of being one.
Why not just chill out? If you don't want to deal with him, that's your perogative. There is no need to attempt to defame him. We all know who he is, and what kind of a guy he is.
Milu

Post by Milu »

Mr Mikem,

david is well known to us on this forum, you obviously are not so well known here. If he doesn't define himself as a dealer because he does it part-time SO WHAT.

I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience in a deal with David, I've bought from him a few times over the years and come away happy. If you don't want to buy from him, don't. He has other customers and you have other options.

I'm afraid your ill-informed rant against some one you don't know and have never dealt with says much more about you than it does about him.
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Mikem there is nothing wrong with standing up for decent people, you said it yourself here:
mikem wrote:fellas,

please let me say that the blade brotherhood here is tremendous.

even the occasional disagreements here are educational. i think knowlege in general is to be shared and when it is, we are all better of for it.

mike
Also David shared most of the responsibility in creating the Brotherhood of blades talkblade knife from the imitation horn thread.
I've received excellent items from David, as well knives.
He might be too pricey for you but he is not a liar
Leverlock switchblades
alkira

Post by alkira »

Who cares if he is a dealer or not,your raving on about a stupid technacality.You talking and argueing a point ike most people do when struggling with a mental health issue!You make rediculous statements then when faced with countless support against your idiotic thoughts,rather than reconsider your opin.ion you take it up a notch and attack the man further and base all your arguement on weather or not he is or isnt a knife dealer. Who gives a toss,he is fair honest and provides great service.Get your self back on your medication and leave the man alone.
tanto

Post by tanto »

Dear Mike,

As I wrote you in my email response - my full time job is buying (not selling).

Quote: Please note that I am not a knife dealer and I do this in my spare time. There are days (weeks) when I travel and cannot answer my e-mails for some time. End quote.

If I was a full time dealer I would answer all emails immediately. That is the only difference. Other that that you can expect the same level of service.

And I think you are 100% right - I am a liar. I will update my site to: "Please note that I am not a full time knife dealer and I do this in my spare time". I do appreciate you taking your time to direct my attention to this obvious misinformation. I hope this will make you happy.

To others: I do very much appreciate your support but it is more than evident that you have been for all those years deceived by me not telling you I was actually a "dealer". What an awful crime for which I sincerely apologize. Now if you will excuse me I am going to: Image

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I have to chime-in here a minute.
I have done business with David on several occasions through the years and have been more than pleased with his service and knives.
In my opinion he is a top-notch,honest human being and it is a pleasure to have him as a member here and even more of a pleasure to have done business with him.
It is a damn shame that one of the finest people here has been degraded in such a manner.
Quote: "I wonder how much he made selling knives last year?"
That's no ones business but his own.

My point is- What difference does it make if he claims to be a dealer(or not)?
The man sells an otherwise hard-to-get Czech made product as well as other fine products including Leverletto's etc.

So David if you are reading this,don't put the gun to your head just yet,many of us kind of like having you around :lol:
Cheers,and have a nice Czech beer for the rest of us :!:

He's not a knife dealer but he plays one on tv :lol: