Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JimBrown257

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by JimBrown257 »

shursnap wrote:2012 CLOUD ATLAS with Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. Halle is attacked in her apartment and she pulls out... of all things a 1950's Colonial Cigar Jack switchblade to use against her attacker (all of SIX inches open). Ironically, I provided the knife for the movie, but they didn't tell me the specifics of how it would be used, or I would have recommended a larger knife! Apparently the guy in charge of props got ahold of my book and he really liked the way the knife looked!

That's AWESOME!! Did they rent the Colonial from you or did they buy it? If you got it back, did you asked for some sort of certification of it as an actual prop from the movie?

It's too bad that movie wasn't a bigger hit. If they had used one of your blades for The Matrix (I think the same guys made both moives), that would have made it priceless.

Although, I can't imagine Morpheus and his gang busting out a vintage American.
shursnap

Post by shursnap »

They bought it from me. I offered to buy it back, but they didn't even reply. I was supposed to get an autographed movie "still" of Halle with the knife, but somehow that never happened... :( I've been in contact with a couple of other "movies in progress" to supply a switchblade, but unfortunately those didn't pan out.
Life is not a destination.... but a journey. Don't forget to stop and smell the Roses as you go!

(Couldn't hurt to pick up a few switchblades along the way too! ) ;-)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

IN the season finale of BANSHEE on cinemax the head of the russian mob stabbed the shireff with what appears to be a damascus LEVERLETTO
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

shursnap wrote:they didn't even reply. I was supposed to get an autographed movie "still" of Halle with the knife, but somehow that never happened... :(
I bet someone on the set (probably multiple people) thought the knife was cool and one of them kept it. Also, my experience with cool stuff is that if more than a few people touch it, it will get broken.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Watched part of a movie called "Fighting Mad" (1976) with Peter Fonda and some bad guys used a switchblade on an old guy in the park.
Austinaftermath

Post by Austinaftermath »

Spanish movie "Pedro Navaja" has a guard less black Rizzuto.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Austinaftermath wrote:Spanish movie "Pedro Navaja" has a guard less black Rizzuto.
I found that movie on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivglfUB4LDc

You can see two switchblades at 19:40 when two well-dressed gentlemen have a knife-fight (with plenty of the tossing of the knife from hand to hand that is required in all movie knife-fights).

I couldn't get a good look at either knife. The Elliot Gould-looking dude in the blue shirt has some sort of guardless knife but I don't know if it is a Rizzy.

I just quickly scrolled through the movie so I might have missed some more stilettos. Do you know if there was another scene with an auto? Based on the way the characters dressed, I would guess there are at least a few more switchblades in this movie.
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (255.77 KiB) Viewed 9030 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (306.8 KiB) Viewed 9030 times
7.PNG
7.PNG (165.35 KiB) Viewed 9030 times
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

There was some kind of pretty cool side-opener at the very begining of Looper (great movie, btw).
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

An auto made a rare appearance in the comics today.

Here we see Lio's girlfriend carrying a well-detailed Italian.

And here we see a minor change I would have suggested.

Last edited by JimBrown257 on Fri May 17, 2013 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Austinaftermath

At the end of the movie (Pedro Navaja) he drops his knife on the ground.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Austinaftermath wrote:At the end of the movie (Pedro Navaja) he drops his knife on the ground.
I see it now. That's definitely a guardless-Rizzy. I think it's an 11". Some hilarious charactature of a filthy wino comes by and picks it up in the closing shot (why don't drunks wear top-hats anymore?).
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (112.11 KiB) Viewed 8980 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (180.9 KiB) Viewed 8980 times
Austinaftermath

A rizzuto clone in Nacho Libre; after they leave the fancy party.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Here's a dedicated fan. I'm just going to link to his page as he has collected stills of all the knives featured on the show 24.

http://24-knives.com/home.html
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I found this 1954 live TV version of "12 Angry Men." The switchblades in this version appear to be nine inchers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DkI2I0W5i8
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

there was a auto in monday's episode of revolution
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"