Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JimBrown257

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by JimBrown257 »

Here's a video with the Korean Rizzuto (I'm pretty sure it's a 10.5") from 3 O'clock High:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wReulnRQA-Y

Here are the stills. Notice the tape over the safety in the forth one.

Last edited by JimBrown257 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Interesting version of 12 Angry Men...Never saw that one! Yes looks to be a 9" but also a Bayo blade where the first movie was a 11" Kriss with some swirly horn handles ( this one looks like dark horn). Another interesting change in the wording used when they said " when the shop keeper was arrested he said he had never seen a knife quite like it". In any of the others it did not say the shop keeper was arrested for breaking the law by selling the knife....
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

the first movie was a 11" Kriss with some swirly horn handles ( this one looks like dark horn).
It was a dragon on the handle. That's why they claimed made it unique from any other switchblade they had seen.
Another interesting change in the wording used when they said " when the shop keeper was arrested he said he had never seen a knife quite like it". In any of the others it did not say the shop keeper was arrested for breaking the law by selling the knife....
That is interesting, especially when you consider that this movie was made several years before the ban (unless NYC had an earlier local law).

If anyone wants to hear it, the line comes right around 14:30 and the switchblade makes its appearance around 15:30.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DkI2I0W5i8

One possibility is that the character meant to say something like "When the shopkeeper was questioned..." and just flubbed that line. This was a live TV version and if you listen to it, there are a few misspoken lines.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I did catch a few miss spoken words too....In NYS there was a ban two years before the Federal one. I remember the last TV movie of this that showed two OTFs with a Dragon on it, and the first one with some "lines" on the horn that may have been a dragon. Over the weekend I have to watch this whole version as it looks interesting....
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Here's the famous 1957 version of 12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGP219pF2lE

The switchblade stuff starts around 26:30. In this one, they just say "The store owner said..."; there was nothing about him being arrested.

I'm sure these shots of the 11" kris picklock are in this thread already but here they are again. I'm curious what the tag is connected to; it doesn't look like there is a bail but there seems to be some ring connected to the bottom bolster.

JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

And here's some shots of the switchblade in the 1954 version. Unfortunately, we don't get a very good look at it. It appears to be a 9". In the last shot, it almost looks like it has a fishtail but that is just an effect of the grainy footage.

majikmaus

Post by majikmaus »

uhhhh
Last edited by majikmaus on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majikmaus

Post by majikmaus »

i posted in the wrong place
majikmaus

Post by majikmaus »

turbo_dog wrote:
JimBrown257 wrote:There was some kind of OTF sticking out of a walker's throat in tonight's Walking Dead.
Benchmade Infidel?
definitely the Infadel..i have one and they're cool 8)
Austinaftermath

Post by Austinaftermath »

"Black Hand" 1950; 15 minutes in Gene Kelly pulls out an 11 incher.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Archer season 4 episode 12 "Sea Tunt Part 1"
15:33 minutes mark we see an amazingly well animated rizzuto-esque switchblade.
The knife is mentioned in dialog which leads to a short scene pertaining to it's purchasing.(which reminded me of when I bought my first italian stiletto)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

John Leguizamo got some sort of Italian stuck in his throat in Kick-Ass 2.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

What happened to BTB who made the Switchblades in Movies videos? I have not seen him on here or SD in ages.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Panzerfaust wrote:What happened to BTB who made the Switchblades in Movies videos? I have not seen him on here or SD in ages.
Brendan was around yesterday. It was the first time I had heard from him in months.
Vagabund

Post by Vagabund »

In Bluebeard (1972) 01:58 Italian leverlock with stag scales