Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
redeye

Re: Movie Switch's

Post by redeye »

exumer2687 wrote:
BTB0923 wrote:
fw190pilot wrote:I'm a somewhat silent member, but enjoy this Form, and all of the non trolls alot.. I hope to show some of my stuff as soon as I figure out how to post pics. Back to movie Switches. I don't think anyone has mentioned one of my favorite shots from "Bad at Black Rock" when one armed Spencer Tracy beats the crap our of Ernie Borgnine , and then pulls from Borgnine's front pocket a 11" or 13" beauty,we would all love to have, and throws onto a pinball machine in front of Robert Ryan. 1955, Great fight, great knife.
It does look like a nice stiletto...
Nice lookin knife, looks like a transitional with a swedge and a swivel bolster

I think you are mistaken about the swedge and the swivel bolster . It looks like a bayonet bladed picklock top me and remember this movie was made in 1955 a bit before the swivel bolsters got around to being produced . I think its a 13 inch LATAMA bayo and i need it for my set lol
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
redeye

Post by redeye »

I was watching an ols episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the story was about a guy that was a writer that wanted to join a street gang called the Barons. He wanted to write their story from the inside and in the first part of it the guy who was played by a very young James Caan got into a little scuffle with one of the Barons and they both pulled knives Caan pulled what looked to be a gravity knife italian in horn. and the other guys looked like a 9 inch button open button close stiletto. Caan pulled the gravity super fast too. in fact the leader of the Barons said something about "you handle that pretty good without a button" then Caan holds the knife up and releases the blade back into its handle and i went to sleep after that so i dont know how much more knife action there was but what I saw was cool. seems like it was made in 1962 I am not sure as I said I was sleepy lol
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

redeye wrote:I was watching an ols episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and the story was about a guy that was a writer that wanted to join a street gang called the Barons. He wanted to write their story from the inside and in the first part of it the guy who was played by a very young James Caan got into a little scuffle with one of the Barons and they both pulled knives Caan pulled what looked to be a gravity knife italian in horn. and the other guys looked like a 9 inch button open button close stiletto. Caan pulled the gravity super fast too. in fact the leader of the Barons said something about "you handle that pretty good without a button" then Caan holds the knife up and releases the blade back into its handle and i went to sleep after that so i dont know how much more knife action there was but what I saw was cool. seems like it was made in 1962 I am not sure as I said I was sleepy lol
Close enough, 1964 actually. There is another scene towards the end that has what might be an American auto. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour "Memo From Purgatory"...

Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
redeye

Post by redeye »

thats it, man you are super fast with these things .I take my hjat off to ya on that one. do ya know who the guy is that plays the leader TIGER?
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Walter Koenig. He also played Pavel Chekov in the first Star Trek series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Koenig
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

how in the heck?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
redeye

Post by redeye »

I knew he looked familier so he was Chekov thats cool
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

sicboy13 wrote:Ok, not a movie...well, may be from a movie... a guy on another forum years ago had an avatar that was a picture of a 1970's looking pimp in a pimp suit, a black gentleman, holding a what looked like a huge Rizzy open up to a stuffed bunny or bear? I know it's a long shot, but if anyone can dig it up, its you, B!
Man, I couldn't find it. But, I got this guy to pose for a pic :lol: ...

Last edited by BTB0923 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
redeye

Post by redeye »

you done it again. If I ever need to find me a pimp, you are my go to guy fer sure .
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

B, I hope you don't mind... I took the liberty of updating my avatar... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nice
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Walter Koenig gets around a lot. He was on Babylon 5, too. He played a major schmuck.

Real Men with John Ritter... I saw what looked like a switch, and there's a character called 'Stiletto Man' in the credits.

Have you looked through Winter Steele yet? It fuzzes out when she pulls the knife on the bartender in ep. 4. I have a great deal of difficulty with Kinoma buffering video properly.

I'd upgrade my avatar to a different John K. character, but there doesn't seem to be a pic of The Sergeant from the Ren And Stimpy episode In The Army. George Liquor was hard enough to find....
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Ya know I looked through a few episodes of Winter Steele and I saw a lot of guns, but no switch. I'll check out episode 4 though.

Edit: Just checked it out, fixed blade (prop of course).
Last edited by BTB0923 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

1963 Television Series "The Littlest Hobo" Italian Stiletto.
Fishtail Picklock
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

I know that sucker's in there somewhere.... Cintra is quite proud of it (the gal who made the series... I emailed her. she said she thought it was in there, just can't recall where.) She opened an envelope at a 'literary deathmatch' with it in recent years.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.