Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JimBrown257

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by JimBrown257 »

Krab-E wrote:Cool, thanx Jim!
The Route 66 ep' I spoke of is titled "Love is a skinny kid." I couldn't find that one on YT, but it may be bundled in multi-episode clip.
I found the episode on YT but it's one of those ones where it says the clip it the entire ~50 min episode but then when you click on it, it is just the first ten minutes and then you have to buy the rest of the episode.

I bet it is somewhere on YT but it might be easier to find if you search videos about Burt Reynolds (instead of the show Route 66). It seems like someone probably put together of montage of Reynold's roles that might have that one.
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Just watched the new movie, Savages, last night. Its a different kind of movie for sure. Anyway there are two modern tactical pushbuttons - our hero has one and the bad guy has the other.
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Watched the 1932 movie Taxi! with James Cagney the other night. There is a good shot of an American switch. I dont know the make or model, but I'm sure some of the collectors here would recognize it.
RSD100

Post by RSD100 »

Did some searching, but didnt see Crime in the Streets from 1956 in the list. John Cassavetes wields a 9" picklock in this fine film with Sal Mineo.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

One of the videos generated by this thread is being used in the "Lo Stile di Maniago" show currently on display in Maniago, Italy. Pretty neat. They have the "Switchblades in the Movies (1920-1959)" video playing continuously on a Mac amongst some movie posters that feature switchblades. Here is a link to some photos of the show on the Sharper Deal forum...

http://sharperdeal.biz/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6736
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

I'm sure they're already mentioned, but last night I spotted an 11" or 13" in "Licence to Kill". (Timothy Dalton as 007) It's one of those blink & ya miss it kinda scenes. & North by Northwest (Cary Grant as Rodger Thornhill/George Kaplan).

edit - *I just checked the list & couldn't see Licence to Kill (1989), I's sure one of you guys woulda spotted it before now.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

In addition to the obligatory jokes about Stallone being an aging action star, the trailer for Bullet to The Head features two pretty nice autos.

In two different scenes, Stallone pulls out what appears to be a read Halo. Then a bad guy kills someone in a bar with some sort of arced side-opener (I'm not sure what knife it is though).

Last edited by JimBrown257 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Does anyone know what kinds of autos these two are?

Both shots are from earlier in this thread. The first is from North by Northwest:

The second is from Terminator (anybody recognize the future A-lister in the top shot?):
Last edited by JimBrown257 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

-Mr Jim,
I couldn't view any of those 3pics you just posted, it says they've been deleted?
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

JimBrown257 wrote:Does anyone know what kinds of autos these two are?

Both shots are from earlier in this thread. The first is from North by Northwest:

The second is from Terminator (anybody recognize the future A-lister in the top shot?):
Krab-E wrote:-Mr Jim,
I couldn't view any of those 3pics you just posted, it says they've been deleted?
Jim, I noticed you are resaving these pics into a new photobucket account. You shouldn't really have to do that. You should still be able to reply to the posts you are referencing. Please let me know if the original links aren't working.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

A couple more I've noticed recently...

Elephant (2003) they use a super auto to open a box of guns.
A Haunted House (2013) noticed an Italian-style side-opener in the trailer for this one.

They've been popping up fairly regular in cartoons like Family Guy and Simpsons recently too I've noticed.

I'd like to start posting stills again, but I need to upgrade my home desktop first. I know I've been slacking :P I'll go back and review the suggestions that haven't been addressed yet too.
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

BTB0923 wrote: They've been popping up fairly regular in cartoons like Family Guy and Simpsons recently too I've noticed.
Yeah, I've lost count of how many ep' they show up in those two.
Super Automatic just showed on TJ Hooker, needless to say that crim' got Shatner'd on :lol:

Oh CONGRAT'S to Mr BTB for not just the most excellent job with the vid's, but for getting a showing @ the Maniago exhibit!
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Krab-E wrote: Oh CONGRAT'S to Mr BTB for not just the most excellent job with the vid's, but for getting a showing @ the Maniago exhibit!
Thanks Krab-E! It's kinda cool to know they are actually being used as part of something educational instead of just for entertainment.
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

JimBrown257 wrote:In two different scenes, Stallone pulls out what appears to be a read Halo. Then a bad guy kills someone in a bar with some sort of arced side-opener (I'm not sure what knife it is though).
Is the bad guy's knife one of Frank's auto-Karambits, maybe?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

BTB0923 wrote: Jim, I noticed you are resaving these pics into a new photobucket account. You shouldn't really have to do that. You should still be able to reply to the posts you are referencing. Please let me know if the original links aren't working.
I was organizing the pics in my Photobucket account with folders for stuff like "movie stills" and "swingers" so I didn't just have hundreds of pics to have to look through. It hadn't occured to me that it would cause the post to lost track of it until Krab-e mentioned it.

If anyone notices are any more of my posts that have lost the pictures, be sure to let me know.

Also, I think that was a Korean Rizzy in the "A Haunted House" trailer. I got a few very blurry stills but they might have been lost; I'll check it out.