Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
heviarti

Re: Movie Switch's

Post by heviarti »

Nightmare on elm street 3. When the group enters the dream world, tje addict chick has two OTFs, one for each hand. "I'm beautiful... and bad."
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
BTB0923

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by BTB0923 »

Viking45 wrote:Yeah,in Death Wish III the gang leader gave a guy a tracheotomy with a clip-blade switch. :shock:
Seems like it had brass bolsters with flat guards :?:

He said: "This is the stickerette and you are the stickee"

Trivia- The head gang leader was Ritchie Cunnigham's older brother Chuck and was only in about three episodes.
He also played one bad dude in Lonesome Dove.
*stills moved to decrease load time: http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 88#p197888

There is a kriss bladed stiletto at the end of How The Grinch Stole Christmas...

Russell Crowe had a switch in LA Confidential. At first I thought it might be another Rizzuto with the guards removed, but if you look close in the last pic you can see it has a locktab...

Last edited by BTB0923 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Here is another old one, with three pretty nice looking stilettos. Young Savages...

One of my favorite shows, Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, had a switchblade in the beginning of one of the season 2 episodes...

Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Tom19176 wrote:Very good!!! Here is a hard one...Serpico, the rape seen near the start has a rizzo held to the girls body by one of the two men attacking her ( or so my memory has it)....
Not a rizzuto, but a switchblade nevertheless...

heviarti wrote:Nightmare on elm street 3. When the group enters the dream world, tje addict chick has two OTFs, one for each hand. "I'm beautiful... and bad."

The first Nightmare on Elm Street had an otf in it too...

Last edited by BTB0923 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Those are some great stills! I like that Death Wish III series.
Like to know what kind of switch he has.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Me too. The blade has an interesting shape and a nail nick, pretty different. It almost looks like the scales might be made of wood too. btw congrats on the leverlock you got from Jeff, shes a real beaut!
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Wait, did you find the change up of switches again?
It looks like the knife in the first NOES still is a stiletto w/ a stag handle or something when he opens it, but when she takes it from his hand, suddenly it's a d/a otf she auto closes, am I right? It's tough to tell.
Leverlock switchblades
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Looking at the pics, if I didn't know better I would've said the same thing. Its all one shot though.
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Can't see any of the pics so I don't see whether or not you got the sequence where she attacks freddy with the switches...she spins 'em on her fingers like emei.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
gunner

Post by gunner »

This thread has turned into something incredible. I haven't seen many of these films, there's way more rizzy clones in movies than I knew about! BTB, your the king of screen shots!
I had the damnedest time finding a smooth black scaled nato like in Nightmare on Elm St. But I finally did snag one a few months ago from the buy/sell section of this forum, whatta place!!

My request: in Lucio Fulci's "Lizard in a Womans Skin" (1971) there's a ghastly, close-up sequence showing a vintage single action Italian trap door otf as a weapon, possibly the pattern's only ever film appearance. And speaking of trap door otfs, the d/a one shown earlier from "The Cross and the Switchblade" was an original, non-customized Italian knife. The rarely seen grandfather to the "Nato" pattern. The one in this pic has a metal button, brass screw assembly, nicely finished swedge blade and a trap door that closes flush!! The tang is stamped "Virginia" over "INOX". This one isn't mine and I may never get to add one of these, but I'm hoping!!
SPRINGER KÖNIG
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

BTB0923 wrote:Me too. The blade has an interesting shape and a nail nick, pretty different. It almost looks like the scales might be made of wood too. btw congrats on the leverlock you got from Jeff, shes a real beaut!
Thanks! I am pretty excited about the knife. It will be my first shell puller.

I think Jeff is only getting rid of it because all the crimes he has committed with it :lol: :lol:
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

They are your crimes now.
Nice find gunner! I see it is in the switchblade Smithsonian :D Dang, bobtack has got everything.
This is a Rizzi I've never seen other than autoknifes collection. It's got a wasp style body and stamped Rizzuto Estiletto Milano. A Japanese model.
Leverlock switchblades
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

gunner wrote:My request: in Lucio Fulci's "Lizard in a Womans Skin" (1971) there's a ghastly, close-up sequence showing a vintage single action Italian trap door otf as a weapon, possibly the pattern's only ever film appearance.
Good one Gunner! I was hoping someone would suggest another giallo. Some interesting knives in this one too. Once again these are all supposed to be the same knife :lol: ...

Here are a couple with leverlocks in them. John Wayne had one in Big Jake...

And there were some nice shots of one in An American Werewolf in Paris...

Lets keep this thing going, think of any more? Anybody else who wants to throw some shots up, feel free :mrgreen:
Last edited by BTB0923 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

BTB0923 wrote:Lets keep this thing going, think of any more? Anybody else who wants to throw some shots up, feel free :mrgreen:
I can barely operate my DVD player :lol:

These are really great stills. This thread has been a lot of fun.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Three O'Clock High
Christine
Motley Crue Girls Girls Girls
What about the one in Cheech and Chong that belongs to Chong with the fulcrum release (Things are tough all over?) 8)
Also doesn't Steve Martins punk rock motorcycle girlfriend have a switchblade in "The Jerk"? :)
Leverlock switchblades