Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sicboy13

Re: Movie Switch's

Post by sicboy13 »

I'm watching Heathers right now on IFC... I recall Christian Slater gets stabbed thru the hand with a Rizzuto or a Rizzuto clone at the end....

PS, some of my favorite movie quotes come from this flick :)

"I've seen alot of things...angel dust...switchblades....sexually perverse photography involving tennis rackets..."

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

Appears to be a real Rizzy.... he didn't get stabbed in the hand like I thought, she blew his finger off with a .357.... he does stab the bomb with the knife tho...

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Here are three kinda random ones. Turns out Class of 1999 had a sequel that went straight to video. This made me laugh, the evil robot is played by the same guy that played Cody in the sitcom Step By Step. :lol: Anyways, there was another Rizzuto clone in it...

The animated movie Fritz the Cat had a cartoon switchblade in it. You can see how hard the artist tried to stay true to reality :lol: ...

Here is another Angelina Jolie movie, Gia, this time with a stiletto...

Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
heviarti

Another exceptionally obscure moment with Heviarti.

Post by heviarti »

There was mention of a piece of music... so here's one: Ode to a Switchblade Knife

Don't know who it was by, I've heard it a grand total of once. Probably from the '60s or so.

If switchblades always open coke in the movies.... what about New Jack City? I can't recall there being one, but I've only seen it once.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Jeff_75 wrote:Can you get a good close up of the knives in the outsiders that Tim Shepherd and the guy at the diner pull on each other in the fight at the beginning?
Even with a high quality vid it's still pretty hard to tell. One of them has white scales and swingguards, so if it was a Rizzuto I wouldn't be suprised. Hard to say for sure though...

Jeff_75 wrote:there are some lever locks some Soc,s have in the new extended version at the very beginning too.
I'm not so sure that's a leverlock. I could be way off, but to me it almost looks like a Rizzuto clone with the guards removed. Like I said, I could be just imagining things, but it looks like you can see the hole on the tang where the guard's pin should be...

Jeff_75 wrote:Emilio has a black handled Pacific Cuttlery butterfly knife with the Weehawk blade.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks.
Leverlock switchblades
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

No prob. What do you think, Rizzuto maybe in the diner fight?
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I do and suspected it. I'm still wondering if it is a stiletto in the other guys (Tim S) hand.
I see the hole where the guard used to be in the soc one now too.
Leverlock switchblades
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The French connection has a switchblade open the coke bag, and another used to kill a guy in the alley. What abouut the first death wish pics? The third death wish did have a 15", but I could never find it when I watched it again!
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

Jeff_75 wrote:I do and suspected it. I'm still wondering if it is a stiletto in the other guys (Tim S) hand.
it appears to me that it is a square hole? Perhaps the hole that the blade is held in with when closed? I could be way off tho, but the knife appears to be held backwards, maybe a left handed blade?

BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

sicboy13 wrote:
Jeff_75 wrote:I do and suspected it. I'm still wondering if it is a stiletto in the other guys (Tim S) hand.
it appears to me that it is a square hole? Perhaps the hole that the blade is held in with when closed? I could be way off tho, but the knife appears to be held backwards, maybe a left handed blade?
Yeah, the square hole is for holding the blade in the closed position (all the more reason to believe its a Rizzuto clone, cuz they have the square ones like that), but if you look closely there is another much smaller round hole on the other side of the tang. That, I believe, is where the guard pin use to be.

Last edited by BTB0923 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

sicboy13 wrote:
He's holding the knife backwards, see the little round hole on the other side of the square one? You may have to magnify the pic like I did.
Leverlock switchblades
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

aah, good eye... i believe it is a Rizzy clone, I had a few and ripped the guard off of one and I do recall a square hole...

BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Tom19176 wrote:The first Death Wish has alot...........
That's an understatement :D , but in a lot of the scenes the knives are too far away from the camera to get a good shot. Here are a few of them though...

Jeff_75 wrote:I remember now "The Kingdom" has one. I thought it was a newer Benchmade or M-tech or something. Near the end it serves as a terrorist removal tool where Jennifer Garner saves Jason Bateman.
I checked it out and actually its a manual she flicks open via thumbstud. :(
sicboy13 wrote:I'm watching Heathers right now on IFC... I recall Christian Slater gets stabbed thru the hand with a Rizzuto or a Rizzuto clone at the end....
I think you were right in that other post, it does look like a real Rizzuto...

Tom19176 wrote:The French connection has a switchblade open the coke bag, and another used to kill a guy in the alley.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Very good!!! Here is a hard one...Serpico, the rape seen near the start has a rizzo held to the girls body by one of the two men attacking her ( or so my memory has it)....