Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Movie Switch's

Post by Vagrant »

For Clint fans with an extra $809 to spend :!: :idea:
http://www.cabelas.com/gun-inventory--- ... -haz.shtml
I have repeatedly read about the percussion to cartridge conversion used in the movies but, never who's idea it was :?:
But now you can own one yourself 8)
BTB0923

Re: Ace Merrill's Switchblade... Rizzuto?

Post by BTB0923 »

Jeff_75 wrote:The Eiger Sanction starts with Agent Wormwood picking up a microfilm on a bridge in Zurich. Upon returning to his apartment, two men burst into his room attempting to retrieve the film. Wormwood swallows the film, but one of the assailants, armed with a switchblade, cuts it from his throat before he can get it down.
It looks to me like we might have another case of the old switcharoo (edit: no pun intended :lol: ). In the first three pics it looks to be a regular non-swinguard stiletto. Then magically it becomes a swinguard, possibly a rizzy or rizzy clone? :lol: ...

Belmont800 wrote:Also--
There is also another "French" climber with Clint as the group is climbing the mountain. While Clint is sleeping, he wakes to find the "French" climber using what I think is an OTF to cut some ropes. (I have the movie but my stop-action equip. is not so great. Clint thinks he might be tampering, but he is cutting out a frayed part. :D
TRYKER wrote:there where a couple in the vallachi papers to with charles bronson, i think they used either a 15'' or 18'' to castrate with
Three, actually. And you were right about the "castrator," that's a big stiletto...

Here is one I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. In August Rush Robin Williams uses a custom Jeff Harkins Triton to intimidate his "students"...

Last edited by BTB0923 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for the reminder,
The JH Triton in the Quantum of Solace James Bond. Heres the best still I could get from my tv last year.
Leverlock switchblades
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Nice! I haven't seen that one. That makes three movies with Tritons in them so far.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Also Batman the dark knight. The Joker had a s/a otf Cupid. :D
Leverlock switchblades
BTB0923

Re: Ace Merrill's Switchblade... Rizzuto?

Post by BTB0923 »

Viking45 wrote:I know Steven Seagal has used more than one in his movies.
Here are pics from one Steven Seagal movie that has a stiletto and a balisong, Belly of the Beast...

jarvis wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned, but in the movie Red Dragon, the second Hannibal Lecter movie with Anthony Hopkins, the bad guy Dolarhyde played by Ralph Fiennes uses an 11-inch stiletto to cut the string on a stack of newspapers or something like that, and in the second shot of the knife in the same scene, it's suddenly changed from a stiletto to a swinguard.
Red Dragon is the fourth movie I've come across so far that somebody decided to use two different knives in one scene and expected nobody to notice :lol: ...

Another Hannibal Lecter movie that has a switchblade, and a balisong, is Hannibal Rising...

BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Jeff_75 wrote:Also Batman the dark knight. The Joker had a s/a otf Cupid. :D
Ah, but of course. Ya know I don't think it's actually a Dalton Cupid, probably just one of the clones but I'm not sure. Also, nobody ever seems to mention the first knife the Joker uses in this movie, which looks to me like its a Microtech Ultratech (edit: Its actually a Microtech Troodon, thanks Monstro!)...

Here are some stills from another one of the movies on the sharperdeals list, Terror Train (edit: I just found out that the guy holding the stiletto in these stills is actually David Copperfield, obviously in his younger years)...

Last edited by BTB0923 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Great finds, really! I like how you keep finding these different knives in there. One minute it's a Rizzi, the next a nato :lol:
I've had the Dalton Cupid and a couple of clones and his is not the Dalton.
Can you get a good close up of the knives in the outsiders that Tim Shepherd and the guy at the diner pull on each other in the fight at the beginning?
there are some lever locks some Soc,s have in the new extended version at the very beginning too. Emilio has a black handled Pacific Cuttlery butterfly knife with the Weehawk blade.
Everybody knows the shell puller from it, but I can't see what they are at the diner fight.
Leverlock switchblades
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Also BTB
If you have the book The Switchblades of Italy, or look online. Pg. 100 covers Rizzuto Estileto Milano
Leverlock switchblades
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Well, nobody's got it yet, so why not The Untouchables (Costner Connery) If I remember right the assassin sent to kill Sean Connery's character was sneaking around in his house with a switch. Connery jumps him with a sawed off shotgun.

Class of 1999 is supposed to be a sequel to Class of 1984, which I haven't seen. From the covers i've found it looks like there might be one in there. fits the stereotype.

I also don't recall if there's one in The Substitute or not.

The Eiger Sanction is based on a book by my favorite author, Trevanian. There's a sequel book, The Loo Sanction, as well as some other good titles by him. He mentions the film in one of his other books, calling it "vapid".

Some movies become famous for the weapons in them. I still can't get over the stud gun in No Country For Old Men, and am waiting for a smart writer to show the deadliest weapon I carry on my rig: A four foot long ziptie. What do you use a ziptie for? Think 'garrotte that don't need a babysitter'.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

ummmm. And how many attackers have you handled with this deadly 4 foot long plastic zip tie "Garrotte" that substantiates it such a prize to have nearby as the "best" weapon and so photo worthy? :lol:
If it is "deadliest" I would have thought that Richard Machowicz would have covered it in one of his Future Weapons episodes on the Discovery channel.
Leverlock switchblades
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Speaking of the ole' switcheroo, one of my childhood movies "Cloak and Dagger" comes to mind. Knife (rizzuto?) opens at 27 seconds, then pause it at 32 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44F-EjNY ... re=related
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Chad it goes from a rizzuto to a Japan fixed bolster that may not even be a switchblade!
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Tom19176 wrote:Chad it goes from a rizzuto to a Japan fixed bolster that may not even be a switchblade!
Tom, I guess they were scared to stab the boat with the rizzuto in fear of breaking it. :D
Gotta make 'em last for the next movie
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Great find Tom! I'm w/ Chad, it was either that or the cast crew was afraid that Rizzuto might stab a hole clean through the hull in filming or hurt somebody :lol: Just kidding.
BTB if you havn't found pg. 100 in the Switchblades of Italy book I'll take a pic of the page in mine and type what it says, it's not very long.
Leverlock switchblades