just wondering about wholesale

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: just wondering about wholesale

Post by Vagrant »

jim d, wrote:It also assumes that he assembled them......

Jim
More a "guess" than an assumption :idea:
[Careful assembly could negate some consistancy issues] :idea:
gramps

Post by gramps »

Vagrant wrote:

Jim
Then this brings us back to who has the most closest control of the quality of knives that leave their shop. Who watches out for the rejects the best? Frank, Angelo, Renzo, AB SKM, WHO?...Good question I think! We'll have to just keep trying each of them to see who stays constant. I already know who stays constant with poor quality shipments, but who would stay constant with excellent quality performance when it comes to product leaving their country to come to ours. I don't know. It's a venture I guess.
If I only knew!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

gramps wrote:
Vagrant wrote:

Jim
Then this brings us back to who has the most closest control of the quality of knives that leave their shop. Who watches out for the rejects the best? Frank, Angelo, Renzo, AB SKM, WHO?...Good question I think! We'll have to just keep trying each of them to see who stays constant. I already know who stays constant with poor quality shipments, but who would stay constant with excellent quality performance when it comes to product leaving their country to come to ours. I don't know. It's a venture I guess.
My guess is that this WILL vary from time to time, depending on WHAT various suppliers are providing :idea:
The "big" assemblers should consider making more parts "IN HOUSE" but this does require a significant "capital expediture" :idea:
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

As far as i can guess the cottage industry is yet another way they like to excuse themselves from responsibility.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

sandbar wrote:As far as i can guess the cottage industry is yet another way they like to excuse themselves from responsibility.
I doubt it :idea:
They do NOT like to discuss it or reveal much about it :wink:
They seem to prefer "taking heat" instead of "blamestorming" :!: [They would rather protect, instead of "ratting out" their suppliers] :idea:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Vagrant wrote:
sandbar wrote:As far as i can guess the cottage industry is yet another way they like to excuse themselves from responsibility.
They seem to prefer "taking heat" instead of "blamestorming" :!: [They would rather protect, instead of "ratting out" their suppliers] :idea:
Ha haa,unlike American's....let me rephrase that. Unlike SOME people in America that couldn't wait to rat someone out.

The Italians must have a "code of honor",SOME American's think that is some kind of video game.
However,"Taking heat" is really not that bad considering none of us are going over to Italy to bitch about a 12 dollar knife we paid 75 bucks for and has a wobbly blade and the lock doesn't work. :lol:

Anyone know if Frank's daughter is married or getting married soon? We can ask him a favor on this,the day of his daughters wedding.
He could make an offer we could not refuse 8) :lol:
Milu

Post by Milu »

Married with son. Don't think the Godfather, asking a favour on the wedding day, works in the real world.
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

Vagrant wrote:

I meant it more as another reason "excuse" they don't try to better the product line. Instead of admitting they basically don't care. Honestly, I am not complaining, because there is far more good coming from over there than bad.

Everyone has different business ethics, which is why we as consumers have so many choices. One day the consumer may make a bad choice, then a good choice, then find out it was a bad one later, then start all over again. We all make mistakes, while serving or being served and even when we try our best, to get it right the first time, but there has to be a WILLINGNESS and some PRODUCT PRIDE!
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.