History of the Vendetta Corsa stiletto!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
FrankenSteveTat2

History of the Vendetta Corsa stiletto!

Post by FrankenSteveTat2 »

I would like to know about the history of the Vendetta Corsa stiletto! Any one have any info they would like to share it would be appreciated! I have 3 currently and would like to know if they came in smaller sizes and larger than 13 inch size. They are not the finest spring steel in the world but I still like them! I have a 9 inch, 11 inch, and a 13 inch version but do not come across them very often! :D Steve
Tom19176

Re: History of the Vendetta Corsa stiletto!

Post by Tom19176 »

Not sure what you are asking? You asked if they come in other sizes than the 13" but then state you have them in 9",11", and 13", so what is the question! lol...As to the marking, from what I understand it is just a marketing tool as the "stiletto scilano" marking is. If you want to think it is somehow a symbol of their endorsement by the "mob", then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you! :)
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Does it have the words, "chi la mia feritale sia mortale" on the back of the blade which would roughly translate to, "may wounds be fatal". I think they were produced back in the late 70s or 80s because the tang stamp reads B Rostfrie. which was a common tang stamp for the era. I also remember a folding knife with the same name, created in Thiers, France.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Tom19176 wrote:Not sure what you are asking? You asked if they come in other sizes than the 13" but then state you have them in 9",11", and 13", so what is the question! lol...As to the marking, from what I understand it is just a marketing tool as the "stiletto scilano" marking is. If you want to think it is somehow a symbol of their endorsement by the "mob", then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you! :)
I think he is asking if they come smaller than a 9" and larger than a 13".

They are new to me so I have no info. Like to see a pic of the three you have.
Milu

Post by Milu »

There was a run of knives made as a marketing excercise.
This is the real thing:

http://cgi.ebay.it/VECCHIO-PUGNALE-COLT ... 4001r14584

They usually (not always) have the "may my wounds be fatal" engraving
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Everybody should have one :wink:
The best thing about mine ? Even the bolsters are carbon steel :wink:
NO stainless anywhere 8)
FrankenSteveTat2

Sorry to be so confusing all! I have 3 stilettos that say Vendetta Corsa on the blade along its length on the front and on the back side of the blade it is hard to make out but the first word is "morte" and I can not tell what the last word is. The tang stamp on all 3 knives is INOX. They are your basic Italian stiletto with swivel bolsters. I have a 9, 11, and 13 inch version and would like to know a couple things. Do they make them in a 15 inch size or larger or a smaller than 9 inch size? I need this info so that I can try to complete a set! Who produced these and approximately when were they produced? I assume probably 60's or 70's! There is one for sale on sharper D. that has acrylic scales but the pictures are not very good. I will post some photos of them as soon as I get a chance. I hope that helps a little bit! Thanks!! Steve :roll: :mrgreen: One more thing! This has nothing to do with the "MOB"!!!! Damn funny though!!! :roll: :lol:
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

FrankenSteveTat2 wrote:I would like to know about the history of the Vendetta Corsa stiletto! Any one have any info they would like to share it would be appreciated! I have 3 currently and would like to know if they came in smaller sizes and larger than 13 inch size. They are not the finest spring steel in the world but I still like them! I have a 9 inch, 11 inch, and a 13 inch version but do not come across them very often! :D Steve
I believe they were etched that way either by request of a French customer, or just so they could be marketed to the French. I have an awesome example that has the traits of being a 1960's piece with nickel silver bolsters and swedge blade. Most I have seen seemed much newer with stainless bolsters and flat ground blades with no swedge.

The "Stiletto Siciliano" etch on the other hand was done at the request of a US customer in the 1980's and maybe early 1990's.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Auotknife, could I ask who wanted the "stiletto Scilano" etch put on? I have several I got from good old Barry Adams back in the early 1990s.
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Tom19176 wrote:Auotknife, could I ask who wanted the "stiletto Scilano" etch put on? I have several I got from good old Barry Adams back in the early 1990s.
PM sent.
FrankenSteveTat2

Thanks for the info autoknife! Your stiletto is sweet! Mine are the newer versions with the flat blade! I am currently having my 11 and 13 inch stilettos rescaled. Probably a few months before I get them back but I can't wait! I was curious as to weather they made other sizes other than 9,11,or 13inchers? I would like to complete a set if possible! Thanks!! Steve :mrgreen:
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

FrankenSteveTat2 wrote:Thanks for the info autoknife! Your stiletto is sweet! Mine are the newer versions with the flat blade! I am currently having my 11 and 13 inch stilettos rescaled. Probably a few months before I get them back but I can't wait! I was curious as to weather they made other sizes other than 9,11,or 13inchers? I would like to complete a set if possible! Thanks!! Steve :mrgreen:
I don't have any idea of different sizes, just lucked into this one in a French deal.