Hubertus Question

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Roccomo

Hubertus Question

Post by Roccomo »

I just got a really nice Hubertus 11 cm springer off ebay. It has green jigged bone scales and is not new manufacture. I have not seen one of these for sale before. When were these bone handled ones made?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Roccomo,

Wow! I haven't heard or seen any of the green ones. There were some red jigged bone 11's made this year (I got a fine one from our own Mr. leverlock). The blade is not of the new fatter dimensions. Does it look like the the new ones?

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

And they've been out of stock ever since, I don't even have one in my collection. Hopefully more will become available.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

jim d, wrote:Roccomo,

Wow! I haven't heard or seen any of the green ones. There were some red jigged bone 11's made this year (I got a fine one from our own Mr. leverlock). The blade is not of the new fatter dimensions. Does it look like the the new ones?

Jim
Mr. jim d,

This knife has bone with different jigging on it than the current red ones and it also has a larger lever than any recent huby. The lever is the same size as my rosewood 11 cm that I got in '95. Only thing is that I never saw this version available back then. I also have a picture of it but can not post it. Send me a PM and I'll email it to you.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Roccomo wrote: Mr. jim d,

This knife has bone with different jigging on it than the current red ones and it also has a larger lever than any recent huby. The lever is the same size as my rosewood 11 cm that I got in '95. Only thing is that I never saw this version available back then. I also have a picture of it but can not post it. Send me a PM and I'll email it to you.

That's good. I like the larger lever. Several of the ones I have had with the smaller lever have had loose or floppy levers. All the ones I have owned with the big levers the lever stays tight in open and closed position.