Ive got a question-

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

Ive got a question-

Post by BennytheBlade »

Why is it that you rarely see Catalanas on BA or for that matter anyplace else besides maybe AKC?
Ive got one and its a great knife, but I dont every see anyone w/ them stateside.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Good question Benny. When they first were reintroduced you would have thought the dead could rise. Everyone got one. Later the new fishes hit and the same thing happened but you see the fishes all the time but not as many of the others. I would say smaller production run.
PB

Post by 666 »

eBay had a nice one in stag a few weeks ago by jndiana. If I can dig up the picture, I'll post it.
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i read somewhere on this forum that some member cut himself real bad on one of those.....i got scared to buy one :lol:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I don't like to be negative but my initial craving for a Catalana was cured when my 1st one had problems. When the 2nd and 3rd were worse, I gave up on them. I still think they're a great blade design but the mechanicals need work. Sorry, but I had to call this one the way I saw it, 3 bad ones out of a total of 3 is not good. These problems took a while to develope [1-6months] but still they were annoying. On a more positive note the Fish have been o.k. but not fantastic. I saw a thread somewhere of a mini Fish [16cm?] and would be interested in one but I can't find a source for them.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr.Vagrant, the 16cm? mini fish had a very limited run of 320 (or less) and were snaffled up by the usual people.I pre ordered mine months ago and have still not recieved them.I had given up hope and thought Angelo had shipped them all stateside.However I did get an email a few weeks ago from him saying they would be coming to me soon.So wheather they are making another run of them or I just got forgotten, I don't know. :roll: All the reviews I read on them said they were the best of all the fish sizes.I personally like them very much! :D Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have recieved a pm on them and if sales are good this weekend I will get one despite the fact they are not priced like orientals. You usually have to pay for the good things in life. I don't have a problem with that concept.