Y'all

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Y'all

Post by Vagrant »

Georgia knife company is on KS forum advertising themselves under knives needed. If you visit the web-site and check the prices you'll want to order a bunch. [Yeah sure]
Waya

Post by Waya »

Hi Vagrant,

GKC is one of the biggest assholes in the knife circles. He has taken I can't count how many pics from other peeps auctions and used them in his as well as using their text word for word. In two words,,,,(BAD NEWS)

Waya :twisted:
Walk In Peace Always,,if you can
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Vagrant,

This is the same outfit you gave us the "heads-up" about a few days ago. He had maybe half-a-dozen auctions up on BA offering name brand "after markets" (clones).

Anybody know if "Georgiagirl" is the same guy in drag?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Check this one. He's advertising a regular rosewood 9" dagger, but his picture is an 11" damascus bayonet...and is that olive wood in the pic?
http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=682916
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

What a complete MO-RON. How does he get away w/ this crap.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Vagrant,

Thanks for the info. I hope that I am not opening up the proverbial can of worms here, but perhaps we could use this thread as the antithesis of the "Known by us in the loop as good ones" thread started by our fine friend Waya.

May I suggest a few ground rules:
- Read posting suggestions above
- Keep posts factual and avoid personal attacks
- Use only internet handles, not real names

As I have written before, we should be the ethical sellers best friend and the crooks worst nightmare. If we do it right, this thread could be the crooks worst nightmare. I hope that I am not being unrealistic by expecting judgement and maturity to be exercised.

What does everybody think?

Jim
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Jim, I agree.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Jim d,

Mos' excellent idea!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

No personal attacks and maturity... Thatll be difficult... but i think its a good idea
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

How about 2 "known by us" threads the good and the not so good? I'd be willing to let a "wrong picture" slide since I once e-mailed Slo Joe to kid him about two pics that got swapped from the knives they belonged with, but calling a clone an "after market" is deceptive this term has traditionally ment the real thing either modified or obtained through alternate sources, NOT copies !!! The gkc is not alone in this mis-use I have seen [at least] one other use this description on BA. If we are going to expose fraud lets make sure it really is BEFORE we trash someone.
Maybe someone here should advise a seller that we question his description and invite him here to explain or offer to correct a mistake.
We don't want to be a "lynch mob" but a watchdog.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I want their real names, addresses, social security numbers and fingerprint and DNA samples so the lynch mob doesn't get the wrong crook. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Jim D,

I just happen to have a mint condition Latama 11" with dark horn for sale. It's a steal for $99 ! Just because it appears that the scales are plastic, the swivel bolster has been soldered shut and the tang stamp says AB with Latama scratched on it, doesn't mean its not the real thing. The guy with the wooden eye behind the dumpster at K-Mart told me it was real, so, howz 'bout it?

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

hey guys - i think you are all on the right track - the "known by us" thread is hard to read for noobies coming here to get info on sellers.

it would be better to start a new thread just for "reccomended" sellers. this should be a list right at the top, done by a mod, and made sticky....then people can add praise for the good ones.........

a second thread could be a place to list the crooks, and offer a place for members/victims to do a little venting/trashing.....
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Jim D,

I just happen to have a mint condition Latama 11" with dark horn for sale. It's a steal for $99 ! Just because it appears that the scales are plastic, the swivel bolster has been soldered shut and the tang stamp says AB with Latama scratched on it, doesn't mean its not the real thing. The guy with the wooden eye behind the dumpster at K-Mart told me it was real, so, howz 'bout it?

Best Regard's,

Bonz
I believe the one I have is more valuable it was made in Milan and is stamped Milano. It also has strong stainless liners not that brass stuff.
Waya

Post by Waya »

Hi All,

Maybe two threads would work, but if we go back to the original postings I think it was said, no trashing the assholes :wink: However,,its not often I say something bad about others,,but it is so hard to sugar coat a asshole, that is ripping off my friends :twisted: When they reach the high status of many complaints,,I think they are as about as valuable to us as Pickdick Fishstink was. JMHO :twisted: Waya

BTW, I sent him to a comic book forum,,lol
Walk In Peace Always,,if you can