Anyone have or had a woodard?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

Anyone have or had a woodard?

Post by BennytheBlade »

Just looking for impressions on the pocket pro or Fer de Lance... anyone that can help out would be greatly appreciated.
:D
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Benny,

I too have been lusting after a Fer-De-Lance and would like to hear from anyone that's got one.....this is the one I've been drooling over....

Best wishes
Teddy
komodo

Post by komodo »

The Fer-de-Lance, IMO, is one of the finest knives available in it's price range. Ever since I got my first one a few years ago, I've been telling anybody who'll listen, GET ONE! It makes a perfect EDC for heavy duty use, I know, because that's what I use mine for. The handle's ergonomic design makes it feel like it was custom fitted to your hand. The razor sharp, blade style, is just about perfect for almost any cutting chore. Add to that, one of the most powerful springs out there, and you have the almost perfect knife!
The quality, fit and finish, of the Fer-de-Lance is as good as it gets! As good, if not better, than Microtech, MOD, or Protech. IMO, it is the most under-rated knife out there, and deserves to get a LOT more attention!

Do yourself a favor and get one ASAP! You won't be sorry!!!!

BTW, if you're wondering why it's hard to find them now, the reason is, once people own one, they don't want to get rid of it, at any price! :D
If it's not fun, why do it?
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Thanks... the one person I know who has one swears by his, and its his EDC too.

Mr. Teddy- Nice choice- Ive seen one that is micarta for very cheap, but it just doesnt look near as good.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Komodo
Long time no talk. My last email must not have gotten through cause I changed over to cable and I know how lighting fast you answer LOL.. I will give you a hollar on my new addy. Whats the steel on the Fer-De-Lance? weren't they originally made by Lone Wolf or White Wolf or it might have been White Cloud? Or is it the same Co under a different heading.It's pretty bad when knife Co's start confusing you. It's getting so now a days one sees identical knives only to find out its a completley different Co producing them. I guess mergers and aquisitions are trickling down to the knife industry from big business. Anyway hope all is well with you plus I have a couple of ?"s regarding another place we sometimes attend. By the way the Secret Agent is still working fine and is the highlight of my scant collection of broken Rizuttto's and Milano's
PB
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

PB-
Woodard/White Wolf
Blade Material: 154CM * RC Hardness: 60 * Blade Thickness: .150" * Blade Length: 3.25" * Handle Material: T6 * Length Open: 7.75" * Weight: 3.9 oz.
I hate this one... looks like someone got the mustard out after it.
komodo

Post by komodo »

Pushbutton wrote:Komodo
Long time no talk. My last email must not have gotten through
Hi PB,
You're right, I haven't gotten an e-mail from you in a while. May be a problem on my end, I had some problems with my phone line (yeah, I still use dial up!) that only recently got fixed. It messed up a lot of things that were being downloaded. Please drop me a line with your new addy!

I'm not too sure on the history of Woodard/White Wolf, I've heard a few different stories, and can't vouch for any of them.

As far as I know (and I could be way off!) Mr. Woodard sold an interest in his business, to raise some cash. He stayed on as the "boss" and does things the way he wants them to be done, for the most part. The only change was in the name. It went from Woodard Knives, to Woodard/White Wolf.

John
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Benny thanks for the specs.

Komodo I will be in touch.
PB
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Occasionally, when I wake up in the mornings....
Bill DeShivs
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bill,

You don't know how close I came to posting something similar.

Jim
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

I really was asking for that, wasnt I :lol:
komodo

Post by komodo »

There's a Fer-de-Lance on BA right now: http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=682827

John
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

For a few more opinions on the Fer De Lance click here

Best wishes
Teddy
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

good info... I think I have found my next knife.... or 2 :twisted:
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Occasionally, when I wake up in the mornings....
Bill DeShivs
Somebody had to say it! :lol: