Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
krakenten

Re: Would the Rizutto ever make a 'comeback'?

Post by krakenten »

Markings are important in preventing fakery.

Stamping them to make removing the markings very difficult, and obvious would help a lot.

I guess stamping them with catchy names like 'Eviscerating Angel.or 'Blood Feud' is out? How sad!

Slabs like candy stripe or Christmas tree, perhaps imitation horn? might also be appropriate, Why not improve the breed?
Life has no value, Death has a price
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

krakenten wrote:I guess stamping them with catchy names like 'Eviscerating Angel.or 'Blood Feud' is out? How sad!
:lol: I'm glad to see others are excited about this project too. I don't know that names like that are quite appropriate though. Let's try and keep it as classy as a Chinese repro can be, no?
krakenten wrote:Slabs like candy stripe or Christmas tree, perhaps imitation horn? might also be appropriate, Why not improve the breed?
Maybe down the road at some point we can start making requests for different scale colors and materials. But I think at first the idea is just to keep it as close to the original batwing Rizzuto design as possible (with an obvious stamp that identifies it as a Chinese-made reproduction of course). I think the first run will be a simple flat grind blade with gloss black scales.

I think it should be mentioned that patience is going to be key in seeing this happen. This may not be something we see in the super near future. I'm hoping it won't take too long, but preparing a functional design basically from scratch can understandably take some time.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

If I had one, I'd gladly send it to help the cause.

Glossy black scales, you say? Lawdamassey, who could ask for more? All the ones I ever saw looked like they were scaled with polyethelene.

And what's this about class? It's a frakkin' switchblade for cryin' out loud! No matter what you o it's gonna partake of fuzzy dice, flames on the fenders chicks who chew used gum and have tattoos on their thighs! We're talking engineer boots, not Florsheim wingtips.

Stamp them Blood Feud, and they'll sell like Popsicles in Hell!

OK, try Vendetta, that's all Italian and stuff?
Last edited by krakenten on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

krakenten wrote:And what's this about class? It's a frakkin' switchblade for cryin' out loud! No matter what you o it's gonna partake of fuzzy dice, flames on the fenders chicks who chew used gum and have tattoos on their thighs! We're talking engineer boots, not Florsheim wingtips.

Stamp them Blood Feud, and they'll sell like Popsicles in Hell!
:lol: :lol: :lol: You may have a point. We'll have to leave it up to Jmack since he's the one communicating with the folks in China.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

On second thought, maybe Vendetta would be better.

Remember Stallone in "Rhinestone Cowboy"?
"Ever hear of vendetta?"
"Yes."
"Well, we invented it!"

As a nod to it's place of origin, you could mark it with the chop of the Hip Sing Tong. Like Cold Steel did with the Axe Gang's mark). There are a lot of Hip Sing members, and every one will want one of these knives. I'd like to have one marked "Mock Duck Died For You" (Mock Duck was a famous Chinese gangster and gunman in New York's Chinatown- he made the Hip Sing famous.)

The possibilities are endless.
ss_3124

Post by ss_3124 »

I like Vendetta. Its cheesy enough to be kinda cool and no one could sell it as an original Italian Rizzy.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

The only problem with "vendetta" is that it's closely associated with "Corsican Vendetta" knives already. Like I said though, it's really going to be Jmack's decision to make.
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

I like "Sicboy" although Trainspotting may disagree..

Or "Sickboy" although Mike Ness and Social D may disagree :)

How about "Sinister"?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Perhaps 'Bar Sinister', a heraldry term that carries a whiff of brimstone, often being the mark of bastardy.

There's an assist open called a Sicilian Toothpick, but Sicilian Vespers is still open. That was a war, by the way. Or, 'Sardinian Tickler? Yakuza? Requiem
Succubus? Alecto?(one of the Furies, the name means always angry, must be related to my late wife?)
Lamia?( good one, a lamia was a vampire spirit, and 'lame' means blade in Latin. Most snake names are taken, even Boomslang(an African tree snake, and a brand of sunglasses), though 'Banshee' would be quite nice(another line of shades). I like Asp, too, or Cleopatra's Needle.

Well, Jmack can decide.
monstro

Post by monstro »

Any updates?
Thanks
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Jmack is still looking for a company in China that would be willing to produce a small enough run to make it affordable. Most of the companies have a very high minimum order quantity. Don't hold your breath.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

BTB0923 wrote:Jmack is still looking for a company in China that would be willing to produce a small enough run to make it affordable. Most of the companies have a very high minimum order quantity. Don't hold your breath.
My friend Jmack recently told me that a prototype is being worked on at this very minute. He has formed a company called Fontana Knife Co® and the rizzy is in development stage. It is being handmade and will be of very good quality. His company is also working on leverlocks with damascus and stainless blades. Also fixed blade knives in damascus. None of the products being made are counterfeit. I add this to allay the concerns of the anti-Jmack members.
He will be supplying the North and South American markets and has great interest from 2 very successful online knife companies ( who shall remain nameless ). Jmack may not be a member in good standing here but he is in good standing on other forums ( after learning the errors of his ways ). He would like me to pass on that he is very sorry for offending certain members and apologizes.
Jmack does read the forum ( as it is possible for anyone to do so ) and was very sorry to read about the passing of Missaman. He would like to pass on his sincere condolences to Missaman's family and friends.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Ah, my mistake. You've obviously spoken to Jmack more recently than I have. I know he's been working with some Pakistani knife makers, so I'll bet that instead of Chinese Rizzies they may actually turn out to be Pakistani Rizzies.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

BTB0923 wrote:Ah, my mistake. You've obviously spoken to Jmack more recently than I have. I know he's been working with some Pakistani knife makers, so I'll bet that instead of Chinese Rizzies they may actually turn out to be Pakistani Rizzies.
That's correct. All handmade. The Chinese and Taiwanese are satisfied to just turn out mass quantities of basically crappy stilettos.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

I've been in contact with jmack too. haven't heard anything about rizzies, but I'm sure he meant no harm in introducing certain pieces to the forums, which helped to result in his banning. he's an alright feller in my book. ...we all learn lessons.
But as for these new swinguards with the flat sweeping bolsters, yeah, I'd probably like to get one!
And just a little info on those guards: "batwing" is less accurate as a descriptor than "sweeping guards". In Chinese architecture, the sweeping rooftops seem to identify these specific bolster-guards more than the shape of a batwing. -but whatever you want to call it is fine :wink:
"Everyone is your neighbor."