FRANK BELTRAME does not offer refund or replacement

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: FRANK BELTRAME does not offer refund or replacement

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There has to be more to this story. No seller just tells a good customer to never contact them again.
I wouldn't expect a seller to replace something that is out of their control, either? Why should they?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
hwevers

Post by hwevers »

I have read, over the years, that many sellers in Europe would resend IF your knife was seized by customs. Maybe true, maybe not.
But I would expect that a business would make available: insurance, tracking numbers, and delivery confirmation. At extra cost of course.

Howard
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

The cost of tracking # should be included in shipping. Used to be that if a shipment was lost to most of us know who they would reship that order one time, I've never ordered from anyone out of the states so I haven't had to deal with those issues. If those policies are stated then buy at your own risk. Pay a little more to someone who has taken that risk but has them in stock and get what you paid for. Don't know how China does it but they seem to get everything through, could be the volume of shipments. Nobody likes mot getting what they pay for!
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

hwevers wrote:I have read, over the years, that many sellers in Europe would resend IF your knife was seized by customs. Maybe true, maybe not.
But I would expect that a business would make available: insurance, tracking numbers, and delivery confirmation. At extra cost of course.

Howard
my friend told me she did provide a tracking number but it was 21 days after package was sent, he had emailed her 7 or 8 times for the tracking for 3 weeks with no response then tracking was sent but 21 days later .
omega

Post by omega »

Bill DeShivs wrote:There has to be more to this story. No seller just tells a good customer to never contact them again.
I wouldn't expect a seller to replace something that is out of their control, either? Why should they?
That's kinda what I was thinking, Bill. Dealing with Maniago can be strange at times, but I've never thought anyone over there to be that left-field to respond to a shipping problem in that fashion.

I wonder if there are other issues pertaining to the order that we haven't heard about. I might be able to understand it, if the buyer demanded heavy price concessions and/or bitched about the shipping costs and/or demanded cheaper, "less-secure" shipping methods. Could be that someone was being a pain-in-the-ass to deal with and Maniago just had an assfull of it. We may never know.

I find the claims of the un-named buyer, as relayed by a 3rd party to be suspect. I wouldn't let a single bad report keep me from doing business with Maniago. I've ordered repeatedly thru the years without such problems and know others with similar experiences. :D
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

everyone can believe what they want but the facts are plain and simple and we have proof , product was ordered and never received . if you dont mind being ripped off go right ahead. you been warned ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK . This post is about Frank Beltrame shipping methods not everyone in Maniago thank you.
Last edited by METALGOD on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Bill DeShivs wrote:There has to be more to this story. No seller just tells a good customer to never contact them again.
mickey there is no more to the story product was ordered and never received .

so you as a seller would ship 700 dollars worth of product without tracking, insurance or signature confirmation too ????

so i take it you ship same way they do ??? (no tracking , no insurance, no signature ) , sorry but if this is way you do business its amazing anyone does business with you at all .
Midnight Drums

Post by Midnight Drums »

Bernie, Bill doesn't do business like that.
He just refurbished a Hubertus Guardian for me, and shipped it back with tracking, and insurance.

He did an incredible job!

Sorry about your friend.......

One unhappy customer can certainly cost a seller in the long run!
Im like the other post.......i wait and get it when its on this side of the water, and order from someone that i trust!
The Reverend Sharp

Post by The Reverend Sharp »

I guess to be fair, these items are shipped in good faith and we all know the risks. I've had to wear several instances of items ending up in the wrong hands; it's just the way it is. I've heard of instances where Suppliers have been generous enough to reship and I've had a Supplier reship and offer to allow me to pay later, but I would think that is a rarity. They are not in Business to be Benevolent Foundations; it's their livelihood and it really isn't their problem if we didn't ask for Insurance or had something sent where it is likely to be intercepted.

It's when they 'Duck' you and take a 'F.Y.' position when pressed that can be disappointing; but then we're all grown ups here and know the score.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

The Reverend Sharp wrote:I guess to be fair, these items are shipped in good faith and we all know the risks. I've had to wear several instances of items ending up in the wrong hands; it's just the way it is. I've heard of instances where Suppliers have been generous enough to reship and I've had a Supplier reship and offer to allow me to pay later, but I would think that is a rarity. They are not in Business to be Benevolent Foundations; it's their livelihood and it really isn't their problem if we didn't ask for Insurance or had something sent where it is likely to be intercepted.

It's when they 'Duck' you and take a 'F.Y.' position when pressed that can be disappointing; but then we're all grown ups here and know the score.
reverend my friend was told by franks daughter sara they have a new way of shipping and is totally safe so my friend said ok why would he worry about someone who has sent him knives for 20+ years with no problems . the problem is they sent the package with no insurance or signature now for 20 years they always sent with signature or insurance just in case something happens along the way but for some reason this time they did not . the tracking was sent 21 days after the package was shipped so my friend contacted shipping company and was told a claim was already made by the shipper and 2 claims cannot be made on same package then he is told 21 days is too long a delay for any company to track lost package , the shipping company even questioned why was the tracking sent 21 days after package was sent and not the day it was actually sent. my fried was given the big F.Y. attitude and sara states its not their problem package was sent so my friend is out then they tell him never contact them again . here is a company that probably make over 100,000 dollars a year and could easily replace the knives but they put the loss on my friend which is wrong.

any good company i dont care what they sell would easily replace or try to work out with the buyer the product that is missing but not Frank Beltrame even with a customer who has bought tons of knives from them for 20+ years . i dont care who you are i would not deal direct with Frank Beltrame its just not worth the hassle and if something goes wrong dont expect any sympathy from them .
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Speaking from the past, I never had any issues especially from Frank and Sara though I did hear that things have changed and I know from time to time there are...a a a a, well, shipping difficulties. It seems to me that there might be...well, after rereading the above statement from Metalgod, I guess I am at a total loss, so to speak.
Does sort of sound like if you can buy domestically you're a lot better off. Has to be safer, closer to home and all. I used to enjoy the thrill of receiving an international package but recently I haven't been receiving too many packages from anywhere.
Thanks Metalgod for the heads up!!!
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I also have a "there has to be more to this" feeling, but we wouldn't know even if we could hear the Beltrame side of the story, which, evidently we can't. I too have been reluctant to order from abroad, for reasons already stated above.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?