Can someone help me estimate the value of a HUGE switchblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Praetorian27

Re: Can someone help me estimate the value of a HUGE switchb

Post by Praetorian27 »

FreeTheArmy wrote:Howdy praetorian,
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, man. RIP Andy.

As for the knife. if you could post a group shot of everything, that would also be a valuable post. the giant piece you've got was made by Armando Beltrame. And previous posts signify that. I'd ball park it between $600 and $1200. You can always email Angelo Campolin or Armando Beltrame to get a more accurate estimate and maybe even the original sell price. Italian switchblade can float back and forth in value.
Bill DeShivs may have an idea. Surprised I ain't seen him chime in here.
Us here on talkblade and also those of us at sharperdeal.biz/forums know that you're seeking info in the correct places. You could probably sell the whole duffle bag piece at a time through bladebid.com or through sharperdeals.net
Sharperdeals.net is a better site and some of the mods here and at sharperdeal.biz/forums are also mods on that auction site. Other folk are manning the stations since the leader (Bob) is on medical leave.
But sharperdeals.net is an honest place. and even though folks have been scammed from some bastards, I've yet to hear of a story where a remedy was not fetched.
good luck, and sorry for your loss.

all the best,
Free
Thanks for the kind words...Andy was a great guy! Also thanks for the info. If anyone is interested in that behemoth make me an offer!
Last edited by Praetorian27 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

It all too often happens that info posted later in a thread does not take into account information contained in earlier posts. Later on when someone reads the thread they tend to rely on the latest posts which may be erroneous. With that in mind, here is some clarification about who built and who sold the knife in question.

The AB (Armando Beltrame) tang stamp is really laser engraved. AB would apply such a mark to most if not all the knives they sold, usually through SKM although AB had their own website as well. This laser stamp would be placed even on those knives AB did not actually make, as in this case. It was built by Giovanni Del Tin who confirmed this with Luco Di Bon and me in the course of my putting together an article for the SharperDeal Newsletter (Vol 4 Issue 3). This practice of makers buying other makers product and then marking it with their stamp rather than the stamp of the true maker was and is common, up to this day. It's what they do over there so each maker can offer a more complete range of products.
Danny Bailey

Post by Danny Bailey »

Having owned a very similar knife to that one, I would put it at $800-1000. If you need help on valuations or identifications I would be more that happy to offer my services at no charge.

Mike
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

natcherly wrote:It all too often happens that info posted later in a thread does not take into account information contained in earlier posts. Later on when someone reads the thread they tend to rely on the latest posts which may be erroneous. With that in mind, here is some clarification about who built and who sold the knife in question.

The AB (Armando Beltrame) tang stamp is really laser engraved. AB would apply such a mark to most if not all the knives they sold, usually through SKM although AB had their own website as well. This laser stamp would be placed even on those knives AB did not actually make, as in this case. It was built by Giovanni Del Tin who confirmed this with Luco Di Bon and me in the course of my putting together an article for the SharperDeal Newsletter (Vol 4 Issue 3). This practice of makers buying other makers product and then marking it with their stamp rather than the stamp of the true maker was and is common, up to this day. It's what they do over there so each maker can offer a more complete range of products.
You know what, natcherly, you's right!
I've begun to use the term "make/made" the same way some of the Italians use it, I reckon. My bad. The knife was produced/distributed/sold by AB but built/manufactured by Del Tin. I remember your article in particular. Poor choice of words on my part. Nice catch, Natcherly, and good looking out, brother!
all the best,
Free
"Everyone is your neighbor."
knifelover2000

Post by knifelover2000 »

Hi Praetorium,

I am also fairly new to this forum and would like to buy your knives!! Please contact me through PM or provide your contact info and I will be in touch with you. I can send you paypal later today!!

Thanks,
Robert
knifelover2000

Post by knifelover2000 »

Praetorian27,

Please forgive the mispelling of your username. I was just excited to get in touch with you. I saw your youtube videos but just wish I saw this post several months ago. Please let me know what you have still available please.

Thanks,
Robert
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

knifelover2000 wrote:Praetorian27,

Please forgive the mispelling of your username. I was just excited to get in touch with you. I saw your youtube videos but just wish I saw this post several months ago. Please let me know what you have still available please.

Thanks,
Robert
You have a PM. I'm only commenting here because they're easy to miss on this forum.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

I have a three foot Display stiletto coming int tomorrow. All brass and natural handles. :)
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

This just arrived. 3 foot display stiletto 8)
Attachments
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (152.47 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

orangeboy wrote:This just arrived. 3 foot display stiletto 8)
That's one hell of a picklock!
Fishtail Picklock