Protech bolster release auto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tanto

Protech bolster release auto

Post by tanto »

I thought I would never buy another production knife but this really got me. Great lookng knife IMO:

Short video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwSmHIWOAUQ
---------------

My knives + watches
Viking45

Re: Protech bolster release auto

Post by Viking45 »

Wow David that is absolutely awesome. No one would ever know that was an automatic by the sleek lines.

I am not in the market for a new knife right now but I would consider one of these.
Love the Pro-Tech Brend models but they are always sold out of the larger ones.
tanto

Post by tanto »

I bought two Protechs in the past and both directly from the factory - maybe they still sell them that way...

---------------

My knives + watches
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Fine looking knives. I like the Brend and GF's as well.
tanto

Post by tanto »

The top knife is Fer de Lance by Woodard.
---------------

My knives + watches
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tanto wrote:The top knife is Fer de Lance by Woodard.
I remember years ago seeing the Fer de Lance for the first time and immediately started saving cash to buy it,I think it was the same color as yours,maybe not with the patterns but it was blue for sure.
Very nice knife,one of my regrets along with never getting a ProTech Brend or Godfather.

I anyone here has never held a Protech make it a priority in the future. These knives are silky smooth,fire hard and the blade grinds are second to none.
For several years Walter Brend ground his own blades and talk about a master cutler,this guy set the standard for gorgeous grinds.
sprink

Post by sprink »

Why can't I find this knife on protech website ? Is it in production yet
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

I got a Fer d lance off Vagrant years ago, still have it . (top knife in the post above)

The bottom knife was a custom sold by Protech designed as "Harkins DA" a brilliant knife, double action, the top half of one scale tilts to fire it automatic, or you can open it manually with the thumb release on the blade.
If you are not shown how to fire this you will never find it!

jump forward to JFK airport 10 years after 9/11 and I am stood inline at the x ray machine waiting to go home to Florida, suddenly realizing in my carry on is the Protech!
Forgot to put it in the checked baggage.
As the bag is scanned the conveyor belt stops and a crowd of very important people wearing homeland security badges, speaking ebonics gathers around the monitor.
At this point I declare they may find a pocket knife in my toiletry bag as I had forgotten to pack it in the other luggage for air travel.
So they got the knife and admired it, opened it by the thumb screw a few times, passed it around etc. and then asked me what I would like to do?
I said I wanted to board the plane, just give me my pocket knife at the other end.
No no no, you will have to put it in the checked luggage or forfeit the knife, there was no way I had the time to reclaim my bag and not miss the flight so I threw it in the bin and boarded the plane - thankful it was never realized as a switch.
Miss that knife, 3rd one down - carbon fibre scales.

http://www.protechknives.com/knives/swi ... knives.asp
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Mr. Jagman,although I do not own any Protechs I have seen,held and fired them and have a very high opinion of them.
Always wanted one of the large Brend numbers,they had that sweet pivot pin and the buttons are superb just like the Godfathers.

Love that bad boy on the the bottom,not much on Tanto style blades but that one really trips my trigger and out of that group it would be the one I draw for when the sh*t hits the fan.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

sprink wrote:Why can't I find this knife on protech website ? Is it in production yet
Blade Headquarters had some.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

BladeHQ are a great bunch of guys to deal with but I gave up on them a few years back.
They are ALWAYS out-of-stock on 99% of everything I have been interested in.
Looking through the Microtech section- Out Of Stock... Out Of Stock... Out Of Stock...(at least in the UMS/UDT knives)
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Microtech- ... hot--25257 Seriously? :shock:
I love a shot of Bourbon on a cold day but not afraid to use my Microtech knife to cut a beer can in two for a shot glass,done it many times. 8)
A grand for a flask and two shot glasses? Where I come from a guy would get his arse kicked for having that but when he told his buddies what he paid for it he may not make it out of the woods.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

sprink wrote:Why can't I find this knife on protech website ? Is it in production yet
Mr. sprink,

You might try Horizon Bladeworks. He stocks ProTechs. The owner, Nick, is a member here. He's on the "Good Ones List." Iff'n he doesn't have one, he might could get you one, or possibly steer you where you can find one...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
sprink

Post by sprink »

Just got a response from pro tech after e-mail I sent to inquire . They said the BR1 should be available in 2 or 3 months