Addiction - - - How Many In Your Collection :-)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Addiction - - - How Many In Your Collection :-)

Post by natcherly »

Midnight Drums wrote:77
I keep accurate records of each knife, and it's cost...Mike
I also keep detailed info on all my knives and not all of which are switches, I track who I got it from, when, knife style, blade profile, blade material, scale material, bolster material, overall length and cost. Right now I have something around 150 feet of knives.
jsolo

Post by jsolo »

Im just a rookie but since Christmas 14 I just got a mop Mel Fassio its cool.I have a 9' mop Walts and Michael Prater on order I will have all 3 of them 9.11 and the 13.I also collect civil war relics and coins but I find them with my metal detector.
Witterings

Post by Witterings »

fastr19 wrote:I'd be afraid to give a number. My wife might see it.
This is so true with every hobby I think !!!!!!
I've even started threads saying do you conceal what you buy from the Mrs and if so how do you do it.
With the RC Planes one guy posted he always buys the same colour planes as she'd notice a different colour but not a different model. Think everybody uses the same ploy of it's massively discounted or end of range, or an absolute bargain on flea bay and I could sell it for more !!!!
With a Divers bottle for filling airguns somone asked where he could hide it and where could he leave it, one person suggested painting it red and telling her it was a fire extinguisher another person suggested telling the Mrs it was for filling the lawn mower, leave it in the kitchen for 2 days and she'll be screaming for you to get it out of there and then you can keep it wherever you want :D
peter44

Post by peter44 »

I allways beat my wife :lol: ............ to the postbox that is :lol:
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
Midnight Drums

Post by Midnight Drums »

peter43 wrote:I allways beat my wife :lol: ............ to the postbox that is :lol:
It was close......!
I had a Walts Flatguard Picklock coming to my house.
She was off work the day it was to arrive, with no signature required.
Normally they are left in the mailbox.

That day the mail truck drove up to my front door.....I looked out the back, and she was on the deck playing in her flowers!
I knew if the door bell rang, she would hear it!
I bolted to the front door, ran outside and got the package, and hid it in the garage!

She definitely does not understand the concept of collecting
switchblades!

Now if I had someone like Barshoo, who appreciates the works of art that they are....!

Mike
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Midnight Drums wrote:
peter43 wrote:I allways beat my wife :lol: ............ to the postbox that is :lol:
It was close......!
I had a Walts Flatguard Picklock coming to my house.
She was off work the day it was to arrive, with no signature required.
Normally they are left in the mailbox.

That day the mail truck drove up to my front door.....I looked out the back, and she was on the deck playing in her flowers!
I knew if the door bell rang, she would hear it!
I bolted to the front door, ran outside and got the package, and hid it in the garage!

switchblades!

Now if I had someone like Barshoo, who appreciates the works of art that they are....!

Mike
We definitely think the same on that one :!: Ive hidden small packages down the front of my trousers before :lol: And then casually dodged the wife on route to the garage :!: :!: :!:
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
Witterings

Post by Witterings »

Midnight Drums wrote:
peter43 wrote:
switchblades!

Mike
Explain to her it's a man's equivalent to collecting handbags !!!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Witterings wrote:Explain to her it's a man's equivalent to collecting handbags !!!
Shoes! Don't forget Shoes!!! Amelda Marcos set the bar pretty high on that one...
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

here`s the latest ,,,, but i think i need just ooooooone more :D
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

niceguy2 wrote:here`s the latest ,,,, but i think i need just ooooooone more :D
That is outstanding NG! As far as my addiction, I had been "on the wagon" for a while as far as purchasing new-production knives. Well, I just fell off after Bob got in some of the new Frank B humpbacks.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

LOL . i just visited Bobs store .....how did i miss those ?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

natcherly wrote:
Witterings wrote:Explain to her it's a man's equivalent to collecting handbags !!!
Shoes! Don't forget Shoes!!! Amelda Marcos set the bar pretty high on that one...
You got that right Natch. But here's the down side to that. My girlfriend is a bargain hunter but does not settle for just any shoe- She HAS to have Italian,Brazilian or Spanish made shoes. Not many American makers out there. The kicker is she can find nice leather Italian,Brazilian or Spaninsh shoes for 25 to 50 bucks(which would normally cost well over 100) and my boots(never wear shoes) cost close to 200 bucks. Mine last for three years plus.

One nice feature- She never asks what my knives cost and in the back of my mind I think she likes the idea so she can buy her goodies knowing I never ask what she pays. Never!
However this does not keep me from watching the mailbox when a new knife is on the way. It's when I get two or three packages that questions are asked.(of course this has been ages)
This works now that my collection has grown 10 fold in the last five years but it was tricky dealings in the early days..."Oh yeah,I've had that knife for years" :shock: :lol:
Sometimes I think our women allow us to think we are clever.

A little advise: When you are drug into shoe shopping or some other female oriented process always act interested and pay attention.

Like Natch I do have reciepts and records but not in an orderly fashion. As for count? I lost count at 100 or so. I may have close to 175 but doubt I have made it to the 200 mark.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

funny ,,,,, that`s why there`s a chair in the shoe department ,,,so us guys can sit and bite our lip :) [ in the back of my feable mind there`s that " kaklick" sound again :lol:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

niceguy2 wrote:funny ,,,,, that`s why there`s a chair in the shoe department ,,,so us guys can sit and bite our lip :) [ in the back of my feable mind there`s that " kaklick" sound again :lol:
...and you are not talking about the "ka-klick" sound her shoes make when she models them :lol:
We have a completely different concept of "stiletto" than the woman has.

Talk about irony.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

My wife collects Coach purses, and yes, I do show interest when she asks for my opinion, and I do recognize that her purses are "cool," even though it is obviously not something I would collect. As far as buying knives off the internet, I have them shipped to a relative's business, so there are never any questions from my wife about packages. The reason I have them shipped there is not to hide them from the wife, it is because I don't want to have to go pick them up at the post office, or worse, have them left on the porch if no one is home. I keep records too, and always print off auctions I have won.