New and different knife design. You'll flip!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
horizonod

Re: New and different knife design. You'll flip!

Post by horizonod »

Bobby Cadillac wrote:Looks like a Paul knife to me...

bobby c :shock:
Not at all a "Paul". Mechanism is completely different. Paul knives swing open in the same fashion but don't open and close back up around the blade. The frame of a Paul knife move in any way nor does the frame support the blade in any way.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Looks like a good knife for spearing olives out of the jar for my martoonis.
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

It's a very fine design, and I'm a big fan of mummies,but.........

That double edged blade is going to make it a dagger, and even with one dummy edge, it'll be classified as a dirk, and illegal in many places, at least to carry.

When, oh, when will we get a practical, single edged, flat ground blade to do useful things? Stabbing people is a lot of fun, but opportunities are so few.

Still, the mummy thing is most enjoyable!
Life has no value, Death has a price
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

The first run will be a double edge. The next run will probably sport a flat ground blade that will be similar to a Boker 712.for better EDC utility. The double edge spear just looked so froggin cool. :mrgreen:
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

And indeed it does!

When the single edge model appears, I will probably give up the tana leaves to buy one, I just love mummies, and Egyptian stuff always gets my attention.

The dagger blade looks utterly horrendous-in a nice way- I'm sure that King Tut would have soiled his loincloth at the sight of it, and ponied up the lapis lazuli to purchase and ornament one for himself. It's a very elegant and ingenious design-it's astounding to see someone come up with a new mechanism after centuries of making folding knives.

And I must also say that blade looks downright fatal, and I'm sure that the single edge grind will be sharp. pointy and very useful.
Life has no value, Death has a price