Kris blade Latama *WITH PICTURES*

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jmack1944

Re: Kris blade Latama *WITH PICTURES*

Post by jmack1944 »

redeye wrote:thanx for all the support guys ,what makes it even worse is the fact that a couple of my very good friends are caught up in this crap too .the guy trying to play both ends against the middle .sorry but that dog wont hunt around here.
They guy is a prick. Sorry Vagrant. I know you don't like bad language but that's what the guy is. (If you want me to edit it I will).
exumer2687

Post by exumer2687 »

Shame to hear something like this again, I'd like to think that the knife collecting community was honest and that we look out for eachother. This is the second story I've heard like this as of lately.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jmack1944 wrote:
redeye wrote:thanx for all the support guys ,what makes it even worse is the fact that a couple of my very good friends are caught up in this crap too .the guy trying to play both ends against the middle .sorry but that dog wont hunt around here.
They guy is a prick. Sorry Vagrant. I know you don't like bad language but that's what the guy is. (If you want me to edit it I will).
Don't make a habit out of it but, what else could you call him :wink:
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Vagrant wrote:
jmack1944 wrote:
Don't make a habit out of it but, what else could you call him :wink:
Thanks for understanding Vagrant. I won't make a habit of it.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

what makes it even worse is the fact that a couple of my very good friends are caught up in this crap too.
They are only caught up, because they want to be... Hopefully they both tell the guy to stick it.

If the guy wants to auction his knife, make him do it in a public auction.

BTW- I know this threads situation is different because the knife wasn't advertised for sale, but I would like to see a rule for the buy/sell area that you must state a selling price in your post. None of this best offer stuff. I have nothing against a seller taking a lower offer, but I think not including an asking price can easily turn things into a blind auction. I don't believe the buy/sell area was created for that.
redeye

Post by redeye »

due to some breakdown in communications the guy that gave him the first offer bowed out and the second one has also bowed out due to the stink that it has on it now both guys are stand up dudes in my book
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

whippersnapper wrote:
what makes it even worse is the fact that a couple of my very good friends are caught up in this crap too.
They are only caught up, because they want to be... Hopefully they both tell the guy to stick it.

If the guy wants to auction his knife, make him do it in a public auction.

BTW- I know this threads situation is different because the knife wasn't advertised for sale, but I would like to see a rule for the buy/sell area that you must state a selling price in your post. None of this best offer stuff. I have nothing against a seller taking a lower offer, but I think not including an asking price can easily turn things into a blind auction. I don't believe the buy/sell area was created for that.
^^^ Yeah that.
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

Hey Whippersnapper, I can't speak for everyone involved but I was one of the ones "caught up in it". The seller sent out emails to half a dozen guys at the same time. How was I supposed to know? I threw a number out and it happened to beat Freddie's number. As soon as I saw Freddie's post I emailed Freddie then told the guy with the Latama I was out. Nobody did anything wrong but the seller. So when you said "They are only caught up, because they want to be" you are dead wrong. Ask Freddie.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Isn't that like a blind bid with high bid getting it? I'm not sure what was wrong with this.
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

I guess the problem was nobody new it was an auction to start with. I PMed the guy when the knife first went up and didn't hear anything back until last Wednesday when this all went down. I answered his email with an offer and he accepted. Little did I know, he had accepted Freddie's offer hours before. So anyway, I see Freddie's post and emailed Freddie immediately and then we talked on the phone. I emailed the guy and told him he should auction it on S.D. and sent him a link. End of story. No knife is worth a friend, that's for sure.
Sharperd

Post by Sharperd »

chopper561 wrote:No knife is worth a friend, that's for sure.
Wise words to live by.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I didn't mean it to sound like you guys were doing anything wrong, but the post made it sound like there were other guys still involved, even after he had outed the guy.
a couple of my very good friends are caught up in this crap too
I guess I read it wrong thinking the back and forth was still going on.
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

No problem Whippersnapper. Just wanted the record set straight! :D
dragonsteel

Post by dragonsteel »

Sharperd wrote:
chopper561 wrote:No knife is worth a friend, that's for sure.
Wise words to live by.

Couldn't said it better !
Cragar

Post by Cragar »

Freddie,

I just bid on the knife. I had no idea about the way you were treated or I would have stayed away. If I end up winning this knife (with my current bid) it will be my gift to you, my friend. I would be very happy to extend your magnificent Latama collection!

Cragar