Randall King Tactical Swift Striker II Opinions

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wray1958

Re: Randall King Tactical Swift Striker II Opinions

Post by Wray1958 »

After thinking it over, decided the bling on the RK just isnt for me also so I ordered a Protech Tactical Response TR-3. A cleanup on the graphics on the RK would merit attention if it happens.
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

You can't go wrong with a Protech and the TR-3 is a great value. I think it's one of the most under rated or under "known" EDC autos. You'll love it but do some wrist exercises before you open it. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
Wray1958

Post by Wray1958 »

Thanks, The TR-3 looks great, very businesslike. Have a Godfather Tux which is also very slick! :)
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

For an EDC user the TR-3 is pure business, no bells, no whistles, no curb feelers or back up beepers just a damn nice functional piece of fine cutlery.

I like all Protechs but the GF GS series is a bit "tippy" for my EDC liking.

Then again I use my knives for screwdrivers and prybars. THAT is why I like the TR-3.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Some time ago I posted this thread with a computer generated rendition of the Randall King swift stryker in an all black tactical model with most of the "ego embellisements" left out.

Randall King LOVES to see his name up in lights. It took some tender tip toeing around the subject of his knives being too "busy", mostly with ego stamps, but we finally convinced him to do a "covert" model which would be all black with minimal markings. We asked for a small RKK logo, blade steel and a gold RKK medalion rather than red (although we can get red if anybody wants) and the removal of the A TACT T-6 edm burned frame replaced with the more generic bars.

Not a tear was shed and he agreed to do a short run of them. He even did a TANTO blade which is the first and only tanto blade ever done by RK knives.

Here they are IN THE FLESH!!! Wadda ya think????

Here is the way they used to look.

SRD115

Post by SRD115 »

That "covert" model is a nice looking knife. The original RK's were just a tad busy for my taste.
Nice job!!!
SRD115

Post by SRD115 »

I just noticed the Randall King Tsavo Wraith model on the Horizon Outdoor website. Kinda has a hawk bill blade. Any chance RK could be talked into cleaning those up a little bit as well? I like the black model, not to much into the other colors.
SRD115

Post by SRD115 »

Pardon me, I forgot to ask, what is the "Plung Lock" button mechanism mentioned on the Tsavo Wraith model??? Thx.....
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

The Randall King knives are really well made and yeah, they do have too much flashy crap all over them but I LOVE those two you posted, Nick. How big of a limited edition run is it and how much do they go for?
The Protech TR-3 is an awesome knife, solid as a rock and a great EDC.
You can't go wrong with a Pro-Tech.

G&B :D
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

horizonod wrote: Randall King LOVES to see his name up in lights. It took some tender tip toeing around the subject of his knives being too "busy", mostly with ego stamps
Reminds me of someone elseness...

I think so-called "ego stamps" and engravings should be restricted to the tang. The blades should be left clean!
(My ownself mos' humble (and totally worthless) opinion).
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Not bad but I'm just not into the black coated blades.
I think so-called "ego stamps" and engravings should be restricted to the tang. The blades should be left clean!
So Jerr, your probably not interested in my new line of "whippersnapper" Milano's? :P :lol:
whip.jpg
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

whippersnapper wrote:Not bad but I'm just not into the black coated blades.
So Jerr, your probably not interested in my new line of "whippersnapper" Milano's? :P :lol:
whip.jpg
:lol:
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

JerrBear wrote:
horizonod wrote: Randall King LOVES to see his name up in lights. It took some tender tip toeing around the subject of his knives being too "busy", mostly with ego stamps
Reminds me of someone elseness...

I remember that Mr Bear.

It was BS. BS standing for B Smertchment

I like the Whipper milano but could you make it in a black blade with silver sharpie?

The "plunge lock" is pretty much the same as any button lock. The new swift strykers have been improved and have reportedly been tested to withstand over 10 times the force to fail as the old model.

Tsavo Waraiths????? Stay tuned. We may get lucky.

As far as ProTechs go.......................For bang for the buck they can't be beat. The TR-3 is one of my favorites. All business, nice design, nice size, quakity materials, fit and finish and all at a price that's more than fair. Dave just did a short run of the TR-2. I really like it too because it has a full size handle with a shorter blade yet doesn't look out of proportion. If you like the TR-3 but think it's a tad big for your taste, take a look at the TR-2.

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I like the Whipper milano but could you make it in a black blade with silver sharpie?
Of course this is just a "prototype", but I can customize them to order. I'm also looking to hire someone with better penmenship. :wink:
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Maybe you could get RK to do it. :twisted: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: